GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
not much id imagine since the overall diameter is what counts. your 24s with a 30-45 series isnt gonna be to much taller than a stock rim/tire.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
overall diamater has a big part in it but the weight is a huge factor too don't forget. Any chrome 24 is going to be HEAVY. And to get that rolling mass started and stopped at each light will kill mpg and your brakes if you don't plan on upgrading.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I'll have to run a 305/35/24 or a 295/35/24 for a tire. But I figured the weight was the killer for me. I already have a tune, and I plan on doing a intake. Right now I get about 14.5 city and 17 highway with 91 octane. I just wanna try to keep from losing 1-2 mpg.

·
hotdogfarts
2,287 Posts
If you go with a chrome 24 I assure you that you are looking at roughly a 3-4mpg loss over a stock rim/tire. Even a low pro 24 inch tire is heavy!

·
Bassmaster
701 Posts
3-4 mpg? Wow, that is a lot more then I was thinking.
I would venture to guess you wouldnt lose that much in mileage. I would say maybe a 1mpg loss during city driving. I have 20's on bigass tires (275/55) and the mileage seems just like stock. I know 24's are heavier than my wheels and all, but I dont see how the little bit of weight difference is going to kill your mileage that much. I think youd only lose that much if you are getting a lift w/ big tires. I'd worry about the brakes more than mileage!!

·
Asian as fuck!
3,863 Posts
I'm guessing like 2-3mpg... but if you're worried about mpg why own a fullsize truck, let alone one on 24's?

I only lost like 1-2 mpg seemingly consistently when I went from 17's to 20's. but I'm sure my wheels are alot lighter than any chrome 24's.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Dustin come on man, you dont worry about gas......

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm guessing like 2-3mpg... but if you're worried about mpg why own a fullsize truck, let alone one on 24's?
Because I won't own anything else. And some months I drive over 2000 miles, so decent gas mileage is something to think about.

·
Registered
61 Posts
When i went from stock 17's to billet 20's i lost 1mpg and then i went to my cast 22's i lost 1.3mpg so now i'm at 18.2 on my avg. but i dont drive my truck hard at all.The weight of the 22's was a huge difference compared to my old 20's

·
Registered
593 Posts
not sure what a 03 yukon gets, but my friend was getting 14ish with dub 24s. he had the biggest 6 piston brakes i believe and he said braking was about what stock was.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
i get 14 mpg on stockers.... i must have a heavy foot..... and i drive close to 3000 a month

"2007 GMC 1500 Sierra Classic Denali. K&N, Diablo Predator, much more to come after I rob a bank!!! Like, 24's, rollpan, drop kit, umm-BLOWER???!!!"

blower and 24's and your worried about mpg :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i get 14 mpg on stockers.... i must have a heavy foot..... and i drive close to 3000 a month

"2007 GMC 1500 Sierra Classic Denali. K&N, Diablo Predator, much more to come after I rob a bank!!! Like, 24's, rollpan, drop kit, umm-BLOWER???!!!"

blower and 24's and your worried about mpg :)
I know, but I've never had a blower hurt my mileage if I drive like a sane man.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts