GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are control arms a definete thing you would need? narrow the rear axle? can you get by without doing this? what offset/backspace would be the best? just thinkin about this and dont know if i just want to do 22s or go with 24s

·
Registered
606 Posts
From what I have read I am pretty sure you can do it with just spindles in the front because I have seen people lay out on a 22 with stock components. For the rear end I think the only way you could get away without shortening the rearend would be to have some custom billets made.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
as long as you have the right offset on a set of nice 24" billets you can lay out no problem with a set of spindles up front and the right sice c-nothc in the rear

·
layin big rubber
1,457 Posts
i have a 9.5in notch out back and i have no problem layin a 30.5in tall tire with a few inches left over in the notch, and i didn't have to cut down my rear end

the problem with stock arms up front is the uca isn't long enuff, so it neg cams alot to lay a 24 and u hit the stock booster, so the hydro booster isn't as wide so thats what most people switch out to

i fliped my stock uca to the underside of the stock spindle, and by doing so it makes the stock uca longer when its dropped all the way, so i can use my stock booster still, i have some 24x9's and they tuck no problems with a 275/30/24 tire, i just roll with my stock 16's almost all the time because summer time is when they are rebuilding the roads around here and winter snows like crazy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts