GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm looking for some input from the masses. I'm currently depolyed but plan on baggin my truck when i get back. I've already purchased just about everything that I need. I'm currently running 24s but will be getting rid of those when I return. I'm looking to get a set of Grey Boss 330s in either 24 or 22. I will be doing an under the bed notch and WILL NOT be cutting the bed. Would you guys run 22s or 24s with my setup. I'm love the 24s but leaning toward the 22's.

My setup will be a KP 6 link in the rear and CoolAir Upper and lowers in the front. Thanks.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
If you refuse to cut the bed why run such a large wheel? The 24s would be nice as long as you lay out or come close to laying out but wouldn't look good if it's only a few inches lower than your sig. You could run 22s with a 265/35/22 and get a little lower; however, I think you should cut your bed and get the truck to lay out if you're going through the trouble of bagging it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lets get to the reason of why you dont want to cut the bed.
you do know that if you raise the bed floor 2 inches you can clear a 265/35/22 and lay frame
well right now I'm doing all the work myself, minus the step notch and I don't have the means or a shop that I know of to do all the cutting and welding for me.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im sure there are plenty of people in your area that know how to do it and couldhelp you out.
just a suggestion.
its a very small amount that goes into the bed to lay on 22s. you could easily still use your bed or haul bikes or quads in it
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

If there is anybody in the Hampton Roads area that has knowledge or knows of a shop that can raise the bed floor that would be great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There is a shop on Jefferson Ave in Newport News that body drops, cuts and welds. Its right before you get to the intersection where starbux and mcdonalds are. There is also Area 51 Customs in Fredericksburg VA. They seem to do good work and that is probably where my 08 GMC will end up eventually. ETA offroad in VA beach can help you ou too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There is a shop on Jefferson Ave in Newport News that body drops, cuts and welds. Its right before you get to the intersection where starbux and mcdonalds are. There is also Area 51 Customs in Fredericksburg VA. They seem to do good work and that is probably where my 08 GMC will end up eventually. ETA offroad in VA beach can help you ou too.
Thanks for the info. I will hit these places up when I get back. I called ETA and they quoted me $500 to do a step notch even if I provided the notches....sounded kinda high to me

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
That is high imo...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I was gonna just bring them the truck as is, but if I can save a few hundred bucks by taking the bed off then I'll do that. We'll see once I return. So other than getting the bed floor raised is there anything else I need to do lay frame on 22s. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Raise your gas tank, new tranny crossmember, hydrobooster, and probably redo the exhaust if its lower than the frame. Make sure you don't over notch your frame unless you are planning on running bigger wheels down the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts