GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my grandpa put these old man running boards on the truck and they are freaking butt ass ugly and i want to take them off. The only problem is that they go up into the wheel well and some of the screws are in the fender flare...my question is, could i patch the holes and paint them, or should i just buy painted fender flares from a dealership? and how much that might cost? thanks

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
you could probably patch the holes...and if they are on the inside of the fender, where im thinkin you are talkin about, usually not too much attention is brought to those areas...you could always bondo up the holes, sand down the surrounding area some, and get soem duplicolor that matches ur current paint and spray it to fade into the old paint...just an idea...and a lot cheaper than buyin new flares from the stealership. $20 compared to prob $200+.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
you can buy factory flares on ebay. never buy from a stealership if you can help it.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Josh said:
you can buy factory flares on ebay. never buy from a stealership if you can help it.
i found some on ebay and i was wondering...are the HD flares the same as the 3/4 ton flares? they look the same. and how much do you think it would cost to get them painted?

edit: and do i HAVE to use the tape that comes with them..or can i just use the clips?

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
spitfire2332 said:
i found some on ebay and i was wondering...are the HD flares the same as the 3/4 ton flares? they look the same. and how much do you think it would cost to get them painted?

edit: and do i HAVE to use the tape that comes with them..or can i just use the clips?
they are the same flares, no clue what it would cost to paint. it depends on how good you want them, and how much work you do yourself.

i would use the tape and the clips, just extra protection from falling off.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
Whifflebat said:
I got quoted $300 to paint all 4 of my flares in houston...
IMO that is actually kind of high. yours were already smooth and ready to paint too.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Josh said:
IMO that is actually kind of high. yours were already smooth and ready to paint too.
Sorta not really, the powerwasher got too close to them a couple of times and ripped off the paint...

I did redo the front ones for about 11 bucks each though with some duplicolor, my passenger side one is a year old now and looks just fine, of course its always covered in dirt though...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts