GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what up.
im in the process of looking for a 14bolt right now and i want to get rid of my blocks i have in the back or possibly go back to the stock block that was in there before the 3" ones.

will 2500 springs fit on my 1500? which ones would i need? 2500LD or HD? i would think it would give me a couple inches over my 1500 springs.
thanks

·
Registered
775 Posts
yeah you can us HD springs, it'll give about 1"-2" at the most

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you mean the 2500hd or 1500hd

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
why dont you just take some block out and do an AAL?

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...also an option

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
lol it would be a lil cheaper i think. an AAL kit is about 50 bucks i think. not sure what the leaf packs would cost you.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
You can get HD springs for around $75 to $100 at most junk yards.....it depends on whether or not you wanna take about your stock springs to put in an AAL. And if they are already worn out you may not wanna put in an AAL.

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can get HD springs for around $75 to $100 at most junk yards.....it depends on whether or not you wanna take about your stock springs to put in an AAL. And if they are already worn out you may not wanna put in an AAL.
they arent saggin to bad yet...i would just rather put some new springs in than an AAL

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
i need to find an hd wrecked. i want the rear axle and seats! lol u find oenf or the springs i call the rest;)

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sure thing dude lol

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
I would much rather put a whole new spring on than take the AAL apart because they are a pain in the ass even though they are cheaper. The HD springs will give you a couple of inches high but make a stiffer ride....all depends on your preference.

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i would also rather put whole new springs in than dick with an AAL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts