GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I know this has probably been beat to death, but I'm new! I have a 2001 2500 ex cab LS with a 6.0 auto and 3:73 gears. It gets 12 mpg without a trailer and 9.5 with a 24 ft encolsed car trailer. I was going to get a Duramax, but with all of the incentives I can get an 04 crew cab 2500HD Lt with a 6.0 for $32k. The same truck with a Duramax will be around $42K. I can buy a lot of gas for the difference between the trucks. What seems to be the mileage with the crew cab trucks with the 4:10 gears. I would think it's probably worse.

Thanks!

Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Silverado/TA said:
Hello Everyone,

I know this has probably been beat to death, but I'm new! I have a 2001 2500 ex cab LS with a 6.0 auto and 3:73 gears. It gets 12 mpg without a trailer and 9.5 with a 24 ft encolsed car trailer. I was going to get a Duramax, but with all of the incentives I can get an 04 crew cab 2500HD Lt with a 6.0 for $32k. The same truck with a Duramax will be around $42K. I can buy a lot of gas for the difference between the trucks. What seems to be the mileage with the crew cab trucks with the 4:10 gears. I would think it's probably worse.

Thanks!

Rob
I get about 11-12 avg. with my 01 HD w/ the 6.0 and 4.10 gears.

·
GMFS founding member
4,010 Posts
i'd shop around, you can get a dmax cheaper than that. it'll get about double your current mpg with a trailer.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
hovisimo said:
i'd shop around, you can get a dmax cheaper than that. it'll get about double your current mpg with a trailer.

That and with a mild upgrade box (TTS, Edge, Quad) you'll add a solid 60-90 trouble free RWHP and more economy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts