GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine just bought an 04 2500HD Duramax. He also bought 20" rims with some 34.5" tires. With the offset of the rims he rubs just a tad with 1500 keys already cranked. He uses it for towing so it has a class 5 hitch on it, which is going to rule out a body lift. What other options does he have for clearance. I was curious about the Cognito leveling kit but I don't know if it will give him the clearance.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
the cognito will allow him to crank alittle more, but if his keys are maxed out it wont do no good, ive got green keys set at about 2-2.5" and ive still got alot more room to crank. the only other optioon other than a lift kit would be some bushwacker cutout flares.

wats the exact wheel specs? im kinda curious.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
If he is cranked no more you can do. Get a lift is the only othe roption.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Yes green keys are half ton keys

·
GMC Owner
188 Posts
I have indexed GM 2500 keys in mine from www.generalspringkc.com and my fenders sit at about 43 inches and it rides fine. Im clearing 315s on a stock rim just fine with just a little triming on the front bumper. No scrubbing at all.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
they are just green keys bought from somewhere else...no difference...if it was me id find a rim with a positive offset

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
Definitely will need a rim with a positive offset of at least +10, probably even more. I think the 34.5" tires are going to be extremely difficult to fit on a stock truck. I would look into a 4-6" lift kit personally. I think the 34.5s will look too stuffed on a stock suspension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts