GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time for 26s after years and years. I have been planning this for a long time but have some questions.

First it is a 2004 Silverado ext cab with 265-35-22s all the way around, set up to lay frame on 24s but have only had 22s. Most important is keeping it laying out no matter what. Next year I'm gonna body it. Im getting ready to put 18" tubs in the rear and already tubbed for 26s up front (kinda backwards isnt it?) lol

Rear is shortened 3" on each side. KP 6-link with original 6" dog bones (center to center of hardware holes) KPs web site offers 8.656" dog bones for 30-32" wheels (26s are about 33-34") the original issue according to kp is rear shock fitment, but I am not using kp shocks, and if shocks are an issue ill measure it up after it lays and do shocks last, but hopefully it isnt a problem.

Before I buy dog bones I'm gonna see how close it is to lay with these ones and if it doesnt I'll re-evaluate. I would like to know what others have done. Also the notch is gonna cut it close, if its an issue I can take care of that before the tubs are in but isnt the focus of this post.

Best scenario I would love to buy wheels online but need exact specs so they fit. I was gonna goto a hole in the wall to get wheels cause if I goto les schwab or americas tire for a set of 6s will be over double what I would pay at a smaller place. Most places are dummies when it comes to fitting wheels on bagged trucks.

Also I am just worried about rear, but just so you guys know front is tubbed for 26s both firewall and custom inners. Drop spindles, Ridetech uppers and lowers, with BC Fab upper A-arm lifts on slam SS-7s (HE-7s going in when this is done for a little better ride since I dont run shocks up front) rides pretty good actually, but that will change with smaller tires, and no more U-turns lol.

QUESTIONS:

- What dimension 26s do I need to buy? (what backspace, off set, and tire dimensions)

- What is the widest I can go? How deep can dish be in rear? (Rear tubs are huge and tall, and with 3" shortened rear on each side).

- What size are your dog bones to lay 33" wheel?

- Can I bring one wheel to wheel shop and say 'I want these in 26s' ?

- Who is running 26s laying frame with NBS? Please post or tell me who is!!

Thanks! Even if you dont know, please lmk if you know someone who is!

IF YOU HAVE PICS POST THEM UP!!

- NuMaTiK

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anybody help? Or tell me who to talk to on this forum or fb?

·
Registered
389 Posts
There are several NBS body dropped builds in the Under the Construction forum. Tukn4s has a few, Bagged 01 just did his not long ago, Sik4dor is another. Not all builds are the same. Do some more searching and researching and you will find the answers to most of our questions.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts