GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im guessing i got a 4/8 cause when i had the same size tire all around the front was a little higher. i am HOPEFULLY getting some 20's soon, and i want to run same size tire so i can rotate and have a spare the same diameter.

i was looking at 275/45/20..

i originally had 265/65/17(30.56) up front, and even with the inners modded like crazy, still rubbed. so i went down to a 235/65/17(29) and no rubbing.. but they look to small IMO. so if i went to a 275/45/20(27.74) i wonder if ill have rubbing problems again.. cause that size will look fine on the back as well which is what i want. im kinda worried about the width up front. it will be 3/4" taller, but only 3/8" more to the top/bottom...

opinions??

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Pretty sure thats what 1989k1500 runs on his truck and its fine.

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool. Not getting the wheels I thought I was. Kids gonna do all cash with my dad instead. I kinda want the nnbs table wheels like 1989 k1500 hAs

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
I'm close to that amount of drop and running 275/45s. With your minitub, you should be good to go. Maybe roll the lips depending on wheel offset.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
If you run the factory 20s you'll be ok. If you run aftermarket wheels, make sure you have the right offset or it could get ugly.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
If you run the factory 20s you'll be ok. If you run aftermarket wheels, make sure you have the right offset or it could get ugly.
:word:

if you're running aftermarket wheels, i'd do 275/40/20 at the biggest...that's what im running on mine and they still occasionally scrub.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
275/40's here on my SS wheels.. and its just about right. If I knew for sure I could run a 45 I probably would have.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
275/40's here on my SS wheels.. and its just about right. If I knew for sure I could run a 45 I probably would have.
Picture011.jpg

tuckage.jpg

275/45s^^^

Picture065.jpg

Picture064.jpg

275/40s^^^

you could have...i ran them on my 20s for over a year but by the time i switch to the 275/40s, my old tires were eat up by the fender lips (as seen on the sidewall of the back tire:jester)

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
275/45's it is.. i like how there is still a cunt hair of tuckage.

and i will be running a oem 20" wheel.. and my front fender lips are taken care of, and the rears will be easy to do as well if i have problems. i have 265's on the back now and i can still fit a finger between the tire and fender lip. so hopefully the offset isnt way different. i dont see them being much different.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
hmmm.. I really do like the wat the 45's fit.
my buddy has the exact same tire as I do in a 275/45
I might trade him up to see how I like em.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I just got a 275/45/20 set up on my crew cab lowered 4/6 and only have miner rub if I hit a bump while turning on the freeway i have yet to roll any fenders
oh xlcooplx my cousin has that same set up eagle gtII same size same rims same color regular cab but his is a silverado

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
My rear lips are rolled but I might have been able to get away without doing that. I did it when the truck was still 2/4 because I wanted to be able to just stick the flip on and go.

·
#NBHNC
2,828 Posts
well I put his 275/45 factory 20's on my truck tonight.. its a no go.
the rear is no biggie just cuz my fenders could be rolled no problem.

the front on the other hand is a big issue.. with my 6 inch drop its badddd. I don't rub at all with the 275/40s but the 45s were hellish.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts