GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I run 285/55/20 Toyo AT2 on 20x9 Ultra Preds in the summer. The 285s are "Extreme" size. Sold off the 18" stockers. Going to get the 20" 5-spoke GM OE wheels for winter. Thinking of running the 275 ove the 285 to leave room for snow and save cash considering the price diff. Question: are the extremes that noticable? Will I be pissed? I the the aggressive nature of the 285.

Also, this is only a 2" level. Can I do a 275/60 w/o rubbing? If so is the zeon LTZ more aggressive?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'm not sure the difference between the extremes and non extremes but I ran a 275/65 with factory 20s with a 2" level. So you can easily fit 275/60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
If you like the extreme size than keep them. I think you will be disappointed going to a non extreme. The extreme has a deeper more aggressive tread and nice sidewall tread. The non extreme sidewall is lacking :imo I have not heard reviews on the non extreme so I don't know how they compare for actual use. I have an extreme set and love them. Great in snow! With a 20x9 and level you may have to trim a little but shouldn't be too bad. Just run the 285 and be happy.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
zeon ltz is less agressive and not that great of a tire IMO.

the 275 60 20 will be cheaper as it is an oem size for a lot of dodge trucks. you might find some more variety in that size as well if you want to consider some other all terrain tires. also it should fit just fine without rubbing

the 285 55 20 is going to be more expensive since no vehicle comes with that size from the factory. but i think you would like the look/size a lot better over the 275 60

1 - 5 of 5 Posts