GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my wheels came in today. They were the wrong offset. They are a 0mm offset and were supposed to be a 30mm. They are KMC XD Bomb wheels going on a Silver Texas Edition Silverado. I think it is going to look great if it fits. Im wrapping them with Mickey Thompson atz p3s. They are 34.2x10.8r20 I think... I love that tire. I should have it all put on Saturday and I will let everyone know how much trimming or modifying has to be done if any because I am sure everyone wants to know. Im going to install the 2.5" Rough Country. Im actually fixing to order it now. Im hoping the wheels don't stick out much. I want a little stance but not much outside at all. I also have my stock 20s with tires for sale after Saturday if anyone would be interested.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
pics or leave please

·
GOT LIFT
2,342 Posts
Goodbye. You don't make threads about how excited you are. Nobody cares unless you actually have useful information/knowledge/pics.

Make the thread once you have installed tires/lift/etc first.
:yuno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ended up with 20x9 fuel mavericks with a 20mm offset wrapped with 275/65/20 Mickey Thompson ATZ P3s still. which is a little over a 34" tire. Chickened out on the 0mm. No rubbing that I have noticed yet even at full lock. I just got them today so I haven't had time to check much but figured I would go ahead and post a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
Looks good, post some more pics.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I hit 70 in it yesterday on the interstate and it has a bad vibration at those speed. Im going back to the tire shop today to see if it is a balancing issue. Im hoping it is. Steering wheel doesn't shake but I can really feel it in my seat which means it is a rear tire issue.

·
Registered
194 Posts
On 2 occasions when i have bought wheels form tire/wheel shop i had bad vibrations coming from the front end.
I drove straight to Discount tire to get them balanced. You would be amazed how bad they were.
I don't think they get there machines calibrated or just improperly trained people.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you make a thread about excitement, then post a thumbnail pic of the results?

maybe you should go back to ls1
i posted the best one I had. It has been raining here so the truck looks like crap. I live on a gravel road and it gets muddy. Cant help it. I also work over 60 hours and week and I cant post pics from my phone for some reason. Will try to post the others I took soon. It says it exceeds my quota or something. I've tried.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts