GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys bare with me,still new to all this. I would like to get bigger tires for my stock height 02 silverado. Question is will they rub? I tried google search but can't get a straight answer. Read they will also read they won't..

I got 16x8 rims with BS 4.92

Any info is appreciated, Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Pics of how the truck sits? 2wd or 4wd? If 4wd If you can crank your torsion bars up to bring the front close to level with the rear they should fit fine. Be sure to crank bars, put on tires, and then get a wheel alignment.

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
It's an HD so torsion bars on 2wd also, crank keys to level, put them on if you have to trim anything it will 9 times out of 10 only be plastic. After you level it get an alignment and for the love of god reaim your headlights. For what it is worth the truck in my signature is an unleveled 04 1500 on stock gmc 16s and 285s

·
Registered
132 Posts
They should fit on a 2500hd. I cranked and could fit 285/75/16 BFG At's on my 1500.

·
Registered
419 Posts
itll fit ,like said before turn the torsion bars up a little and it fits with no issue.
I have them on my 02 1500hd brung the front end up 1" and fit em easily.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
It's an HD so torsion bars on 2wd also, crank keys to level, put them on if you have to trim anything it will 9 times out of 10 only be plastic. After you level it get an alignment and for the love of god reaim your headlights. For what it is worth the truck in my signature is an unleveled 04 1500 on stock gmc 16s and 285s
I'm on Tapatalk, so signatures don't show unless you click to their profile. I saw your reply and was like how'd he know it's an hd, and checked his sig. But yea, 285's will fit no problem on an hd, likely with no trimming at all. Could step up to 305/315 cranked up to level with some plastic trimming.

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
If I were to own a truck and didnt matter, I would put myself in a Silverado for sure...4X4. That is an awesome truck.
:insane2:

·
Banned
208 Posts
That's the size I'm running on my 02 and I've had no problems with rubbing or anything. Ran em on stock height and I'm currently running them on cranked keys. Go for it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts