GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting some 20" wheels for my 05 CC so I can stay as close as possible to the stock height since I drive alot and need to save my MPG. I do want the tires to have some width and not look like car tires. I'm thinking 275/45 or 295/45 all the way around on 20x8.5 rims. Has anyone ever had these sizes on their truck and what backspacing did you use? I am hoping to do a 2/4 drop in the future also but I have 2" shackles right now.

Thanks for any responses.

·
Registered
532 Posts
What backspace do you have or are you looking at getting? If you run a 295 you will have to have +35 offset and even then they may be a little wide! I had 285's on a 2/4 drop and they rubbed the front! I was running 275 45 with a 4/6 drop with +18 offset.
This is the setup in my sig. I have since bought wheels with 6 1/2 backspace!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't have them yet and wanted to get the tire size straight 1st. I think I may stick with a 275 instead of the 295.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you don't mind running two different sizes a 265-50, 295-45 combo looks good IMO
I think it looks good also and I already tried that with the wheels I had on my truck previously. I didn't think it looked right because the truck wasn't low enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts