GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have read and been told I can run 285's on my stock 97 Tahoe with no problems. Given this info I would assume I could run some 295's with a torsion twist and blocks or am I thinking stupid? :think: Only thing I can see stopping it would be some tire rubbing on the frame and possibly some light fender trimming.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I should think it would rub pretty bad, not sure where. It would take alot of cranking too. If it were me, I would just save the wear and tear and rubbing and pita and stay with the 285's.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
295's and 285's are very close is size, i think you would be fine

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Like Kyle said, they're really close in size. I dont see why BFG even makes both of them, since they are so close.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
they MIGHT hit the frame at full lock. if you are on stock rims i highly doubt you will have to trim the fenders tho. they should fit. you might have to cut the corner of the plastic air damn(or just remove it to make the truck look better :anitoof: )

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
My 285s rub the frame when my tires are locked all the way on the stock wheels if the 295 is taller I would think it would rub more, they didnt rub the fenders any at all before the b/l though, they should fit but might rub a little I dont know how much diff in height there in on the trucks and tahoes :read:

·
Bama Man
163 Posts
my buddy has a 1990 z71 extended cab pick up and hes got 33x12.50 mud kings on 15x10 inch rims and he doesnt rub at all. he only had to cut a little bit of the air dam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts