GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work with a guy whose got a damn good collection of GM's going and recently he pulled up in an OBS 2 door Tahoe.... with a fuckin diesel under the hood!! I had no idea they ever even produced these, but according to him they're pretty rare... its not a conversion.

I'll get pics of it if he drives it in today, but I thought I was seeing things. Its nice too... lowered a little on 20" welds, full banks kit, etc.

How rare are these things?

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was just looking at those today on Nada and noticed the 6.5l diesel option..i didn't know it existed either!
Badass though, i'd love to find one.

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just looking at those today on Nada and noticed the 6.5l diesel option..i didn't know it existed either!
Badass though, i'd love to find one.
:word: and the thing moves... he kept up with me for a little bit when we left work... I was impressed.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I've never seen one of those, but I 've seen a few 1/2 ton OBS diesels around here...pretty rare, too.

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
yea them canadian's love their 6.5's

personally i wouldn't take one if they gave it to me. we have 3 of them in the shop right now getting fixed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Someone needs to swap out the 6.5 for a duramax or better yet a 12V.

:rocking:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
ive never seen one in an OBS 2 door hoe but I saw a 6.2 diesel (non turbo :read: ) in a K5. They are pretty rare. I wouldnt mind having one myself with a banks kit

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
:word: on the 12v
they even came with a 5spd:rocking:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I saw one in Argentina when I was there.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts