GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, yall have seen my truck and everything I have done to it. It is still only placing second at most shows though. What else can I do to make thist a first place truck. I am getting damn frustrated getting beat by the damn Ford's............

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
It shouldn't be all about winnin...i know u dumped a ton of money into ur truck, but you should do it for personal enjoyment, not to win a stinkin trophy...

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Train Horn, Strobes in the Head/Taillights. Or you can do like the idiots around here, and blare your assorted Police/Fire truck Sirens ALL DAY LONG.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sorry for my ignorance Jim, but what exactly have u done to your truck.? What kind of truck do u have? I've never seen your truck, thats why im askin.

·
Zombie Squad
1,244 Posts
oh man his truck is p.i.m.p for shizzy.
heres the best pic i have seen of it(its the tanish car that almost looks like a ford taurus)
hehe...or ya know the truck on top of it but still...

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sierraon22s said:
Sorry for my ignorance Jim, but what exactly have u done to your truck.? What kind of truck do u have? I've never seen your truck, thats why im askin.
Lets see, 2000 K-2500 x-cab, 25 inches of lift, 46" M/T's, Katskinz, custom paint, Audiobahn sound system with 2-10's, 2-12's, 2 amps,mids-highs, T.V., beer kegs built in(yes they really do work), painted some of the suspension parts, 8-7100 Bilsteins, Tonneau, Interior painted. Thats all I can think of at the time. My head is still recovering from all the beer I drank yesterday.LOL

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RedneckDude said:
It shouldn't be all about winnin...i know u dumped a ton of money into ur truck, but you should do it for personal enjoyment, not to win a stinkin trophy...

It is for my personal enjoyment, I just hate gettin beat by the stinkin Fords. I just usually have the only GM there in my class.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
well, maybe the other guys are friends of the judges? Alot of shows are like that. One of my friends one best exotic with his CRX b/c he knew the judges. And last time i checked, hondas are exotic.

I wouldn't worry about winning trophies. I know i will prbly never win one and don't really care. I built my truck for what i can afford and what i like. Not what the current trend in trucks are. If i followed the crowd, i'd have a boat too :pissed:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Don't take what I say wrong, ok? My answer to your question is repaint the truck. I don't know how long you have had the paint job, or if you may have just had it done, but it doesn't appeal to me (it has to appeal to you or else you wouldn't have had it painted) ... but for my personal tastes I think I would give it more of a look if it were a solid color right now, your paint is definately custom, but it's simplistic custom. Designing kickass graphics is an artform, I couldn't do it, most people couldn't do it ... cause if you don't do it right it just doesn't have that thing that makes them kick ass.

So as not to make thia all about paint, what can you do to help your chance of winning? Billet Grill ... I haven't seen one in your pictures, it will definately be nice on your ride.

·
eplingphoto.com
550 Posts
quit worrying about the trophies and go to shows to meet cool people, and get new ideals or just hang out and enjoy yourself..

worrying about trophies takes all the fun out of shows.. I have a couple of friends that are so obsessed with trophies that if they don't win they will write letters to the promoters complaining.

Just take 5 bux and go buy a first place trophy if your that worried about being first

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bcubed said:
Don't take what I say wrong, ok? My answer to your question is repaint the truck. I don't know how long you have had the paint job, or if you may have just had it done, but it doesn't appeal to me (it has to appeal to you or else you wouldn't have had it painted) ... but for my personal tastes I think I would give it more of a look if it were a solid color right now, your paint is definately custom, but it's simplistic custom. Designing kickass graphics is an artform, I couldn't do it, most people couldn't do it ... cause if you don't do it right it just doesn't have that thing that makes them kick ass.

So as not to make thia all about paint, what can you do to help your chance of winning? Billet Grill ... I haven't seen one in your pictures, it will definately be nice on your ride.

I get more compliments on the paint than anything else. Strictly because it is different. Trophies really dont matter. Like I said, I hate getting beat by a ford.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
bcubed said:

Its not too simplistic. Here are some close up photos of it. Hope they help..
We made it look jagged and rough. Like a rock. We thought it fit the Chevy saying pretty good.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
dont change the paint, i really like it :bowtie:

i think that if you did something like this then it would deffinatly start beating those fords

1 - 20 of 36 Posts