GMC Truck Forum banner

141 - 160 of 170 Posts

·
'10 AVY Z71
340 Posts
what size are those? 4 or 5.5 . what were you running them on?
They're 4" offset block designed for a CC. Mine is an '05.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I have a 2005 crew cab with an add a leaf and 3 inch block in but the wheels are not centered in the wheel well and are about an inch to inch and a half forward. If I use a zero rate to move the differential back will I need a new drive shaft or will I be ok?

·
Registered
27 Posts
New owner - first time caller :)

I recently bought a 2009 GMC Sierra CC and came across a set of 22x12 Ion Terminators. I now need to buy a lift but do not want to trim anything because more than likely I will get a new truck in a year or so.

Question is - I know I need about 9" of lift to clear these w/35"s. So:

CST 8" w/Bilstein and 1.5" Body lift?
Fabtech 6" (I read its 8" but is it?) w/Bilsteins and 1.5" body lift?

I can do the lift myself, but the bodylift I am not so sure...

Ordering something Monday - please help me decide?

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
Im selling my driveshaft that i had lengthened for this very problem. Check the for sale section

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was wondering what kits are avalible for a 2005 2wd chevy crew cab, Im only looking for 4 or 5 inches on lift, and what size tire could I run if I keep my stock 17 from the factory.

·
'10 AVY Z71
340 Posts
In case anyone is interested I'm taking offers on those CST offset blocks a few post up.

·
Fow'buh'Fow
7 Posts
THIS ONLY APPLIES TO 2WD NBS CREW CABS

Not sure what all years this affects other then the 05+ but know it affects the 06 2wd crew cab. Well, just putting this out on the forum and not sure if its well known as im not as up on this as I use to be. But if you are adding a 4" or bigger block you HAVE to lengthen your drive shaft. It may need to be on 2" block but I doubt it. I installed a 3" coil & upper control arm kit along with a 4" spindle and 3" body for a buddy. Used 4" blocks in the back, and we noticed the shaft was short but didnt think it was toooo short. Anyways he slammed on his brakes at a light tonight and the shaft came out. Looks like it needs about 2" to be perfect. But I thought I would share this so it doesnt happen to anyone else...
Hey maan! I read all the way to the last post. Unless I missed something, I noticed no one made mention of if your truck is a ???1500 or 2500 crew??? as the 1500 crew has a shorter bed and different rear end and drive shaft. This would be helpfull info so we know exactly what we are dealing with. Thanx

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
^ my question relates to abernaseballs post. I just installed a CST 4" spindle with a 3" block
The other day I noticed trans fluid under my truck when I was parked in the drive way. Now the pinion is damn near
Flat the drive shaft aims up towards the trans. Of I shimmed the rear end to point up a Lil bit would that stop the trans fluid from leaking out? I'm sure the shaft is pulled out to far causing the leak. Only happens when I'm parked in my driveway.

Any thoughts or ideas to solve my concern?

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
^ my question relates to abernaseballs post. I just installed a CST 4" spindle with a 3" block
The other day I noticed trans fluid under my truck when I was parked in the drive way. Now the pinion is damn near
Flat the drive shaft aims up towards the trans. Of I shimmed the rear end to point up a Lil bit would that stop the trans fluid from leaking out? I'm sure the shaft is pulled out to far causing the leak. Only happens when I'm parked in my driveway.

Any thoughts or ideas to solve my concern?
Hit up Frank @ FTS for some offset blocks

·
Got Mud?
6 Posts
Ordered my 3 inch spindles, 4 new shock's, and 2 inch block's from Rough Country, also got my 265/75/16 mounted and ready to be in stalled.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
you can run those 265s stock hieght....

i have a question about upgrading front shocks with cst uca, coil, and spindle.

i wanna run bilstien 5100s but seem to be having difficulty clarifying which one i need. could someone help a brotha out?

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
I'm pretty sure bilstein only makes shocks for 2wd NBS trucks at stock height and raised 6". I could be wrong but I think that's the problem I had way back when

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Just the pro comp MX6 adjustable shocks that came with the lift. They still worked fine even when I was running 2" coil spacers.

141 - 160 of 170 Posts