GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep like the title says, i'm looking for pics of 2wd full drop kits during installation & some instructions to look over. since i'm in no hurry to bag the Cummins i want more lift on top of the 6" CST (3.5" spindle & 3" coil spacer) that's on there now and the only option i have for more lift is a 3" body lift & i'm just not a fan of body lifts plus i have a gooseneck hitch sitting in the garage that i'd really like to use. so with that being said, i'm thinking of fabing up a 6" full drop with the CST spindles for 9" total & i'd prob cut off the spring pockets & build a set of hoops for coilovers. with 33x12.50x22 or 285/55/22 & 9" lift i should still be able to get under a gooseneck without much trouble :think:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I dont have any step by step instructions or pictures, but the full drop is pretty easy. I've done 2 ( 1 on a z71 and the other on a 2wd ) the hardest part was getting the truck balanced on jack stands. For the z71 I used my buddies lift and shop tools and it went on pretty fast. The 2wd was done on the driveway and even still it wasnt bad, but it was a 2wd lol.

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i knew the install wasn't hard since theres no front diff to mess with but i'm just looking for pics mainly for fitment & design since i'm gonna have to build it all from scratch. although when i was looking at the instructions for the 6" fabtech kit for the ram 1500 2wd the pics of that suspension doesn't look any different from whats under my 2500 now except for the UCA mounts so idk if anybody has tried to use that kit on a 2500 yet or not

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have some buddies that lift dodge's i'll text them and see if they have any pics. If so Ill host them for you.

·
Banned
4,048 Posts
Ive got some pretty detailed pics of my full drop in my build thread. Id be more than happy to take more pics if youd like.

·
pootin' soot
3,510 Posts
not hard, was my first time taking the suspension apart completely and it went well

Search for Procomp's install instructions, they're online somewhere

also theres no full drop kit as far as I know, they're all knuckle lifts

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive got some pretty detailed pics of my full drop in my build thread. Id be more than happy to take more pics if youd like.
yeah mang, that'd be awesome

Search for Procomp's install instructions, they're online somewhere
also theres no full drop kit as far as I know, they're all knuckle lifts
thanks & full drops are only for the 4wd guys? the UCA drop mounts are the only part i'm having a hard time seeing in my head as far as how i'd mount it to the frame besides using the factory UCA pockets. i guess i could always build a set of dropped UCA, i built a set for a donk one time that worked out really well

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
AFAIK, the only 2WD full drop kits are FTS/Showoff and bulletproof

1 - 10 of 10 Posts