GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to do a mild lift on my 2WD Sierra (2004). I will have to venture off road every now and then and would like a little higher ride, but not an extreme lift.

Anyone have pix of lifted 2wd trucks? Im new to this and did some searches for "2 wheel drive lift" and other similiar searches on the forum that resulted in negative results.

Any manufacturers to stay away from when looking at parts? In Houston Ive heard good about the following vendors/installer: BNC, All Out Offroad, and someone here recommended DarkEternal for installs.....

Thanx for any advice/pix....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well man I'd say you have come to the right place. I'm pretty sure Skyrider469 is 2WD and I know he is lifted. You can check out the tech article that dark eternal made about lifts.

I think fabtech, cognito, and full throttle make 2wd kits. Check out the post about the prerunner on ebay also. It may give you some ideas.

Haven't seend HMFIC for a long time.... What you the Head Mother Fucker In Charge of?

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
i would save the money and go with DE for your install, im sure he does as good or better of job than your local shops. As forl ifts my bro has a fabtech spindle lift ( i think 6") not sure though and hes running 33's and it looks pretty damn good. If I were to do a 2wd lifts i would probably go with the CST spindle lift. www.californiasupertrucks.com they make some very strong parts.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have an 04 2wd with the 7" CST kit on it. I love it and it rides very very good. CST is also known for one of the highest quality lifts on the market. RCD makes a good 6" kit along with Fabtech. Neither as good as CST but it seems like either of those kits will do the job.

The CST kit runs 1399 from Performance lifts and then you have to add shocks. Rancho 9000's is what I run and they are 9 way adjustable to easly be changed to the comfort you would like.

Gas is eating me up spending over 400 a month plus my payment its just not what I want to be spending a grand a month on. So if plans go the way I want my cst kit will come off this weekend. I have had it on for 6K and has been greased and well kept. Had no problems with it and I havent even ran the front shocks because the coils ride so good and I just didnt have the eyelet for the front shocks so I just run without them. If you are interested shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].

Also Stephen aka Darketernal is a great guy from what I have seen on the forum and anyone who is doing a SAS on their rig is more then qualified to put a new control arm and spindle on. And he will be alot cheaper then anywhere you go so its a win win situation IMO...

BTW im just alittle north of you in Wichita Falls TX

·
2,451 Posts
Aberbaseball7 said:
I have an 04 2wd with the 7" CST kit on it. I love it and it rides very very good. CST is also known for one of the highest quality lifts on the market. RCD makes a good 6" kit along with Fabtech. Neither as good as CST but it seems like either of those kits will do the job.

The CST kit runs 1399 from Performance lifts and then you have to add shocks. Rancho 9000's is what I run and they are 9 way adjustable to easly be changed to the comfort you would like.

Gas is eating me up spending over 400 a month plus my payment its just not what I want to be spending a grand a month on. So if plans go the way I want my cst kit will come off this weekend. I have had it on for 6K and has been greased and well kept. Had no problems with it and I havent even ran the front shocks because the coils ride so good and I just didnt have the eyelet for the front shocks so I just run without them. If you are interested shoot me an e-mail at [email protected].

Also Stephen aka Darketernal is a great guy from what I have seen on the forum and anyone who is doing a SAS on their rig is more then qualified to put a new control arm and spindle on. And he will be alot cheaper then anywhere you go so its a win win situation IMO...

BTW im just alittle north of you in Wichita Falls TX
Wow, thats sucks about the gas.... arent you planning on a cummins by the endo of the year?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
either a cummins or something cheap to start saving for maybe building a house... Just need to grow up alittle and start spending my $$$ on more important things...

Down the road when im older and making more $$$ ill have another lifted truck... So ill just call this a time out...haha

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Fabtech makes a 7" cradle kit for your truck. The install is cake. I am in the process of putting a Fabtech 7" on my 95. Haven't had any probs with the install. :read: :head:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Ok sorry it took me so long to reply Ive been very busy.

Fabtech makes a decent lift for yoru truck but that CST kit is top notch. If I were you I would jump all over that if aber is really takign it off. As far as instal goes, ill talk to you about it in a PM. Im pretty busy right now but in the near future can definatly work with you. Thanks everyone who recomended me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts