GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to run a backspacing on a lifted 2wd that will suck the tires up under the truck like stock? If so, what is this backspacing?

I hate the way my tires stick out and I am considering changing my wheel and tire setup instead of wasting all of the time/money on taking the lift off.

I am going to order a hub assembly and fix that, I have a feeling the truck will be likeable again once its not wobbling and knocking.

Flame away. LOL

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The backspacing isn't what's pushing your wheels out, it's the spindles.

I don't think you can run anymore backspacing than 4.5". You could always use a different backspacing in the rear, to make them match the fronts more.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
The backspacing isn't what's pushing your wheels out, it's the spindles.

I don't think you can run anymore backspacing than 4.5". You could always use a different backspacing in the rear, to make them match the fronts more.
he's correct. I forgot it had spindles on it but you need 4.5 bs at least when running a diff spindle.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I think you should leave your truck as is. If anything, do like Klem said and throw some spacers on the back to make them match the front. Your truck looks great as is :imo I was driving through Highlands a little while back and seen it parked at Tejas. Looks damn good.

And Mark, WTF is a 5.3L Ellis Juan :lol:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the spindles are pushing the wheels out, but mine stick out alot. I HATE the way it looks from the front, like its a frog or something.

I dont remember what the backspacing is on the wheels that I have, but they are 20x10 KMC Diesels (you knew that).

I'm just thinking maybe some 17s with 35s would look better than they do right now.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I think you should leave your truck as is. If anything, do like Klem said and throw some spacers on the back to make them match the front. Your truck looks great as is :imo I was driving through Highlands a little while back and seen it parked at Tejas. Looks damn good.

And Mark, WTF is a 5.3L Ellis Juan :lol:
My trucks name.lol I know its not an ls1 but its an ls based motor:rofl2: I'll have to change it now, thats like the 6th time I have been told that this month.lol I hate explaining myslef that many time in one month

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
You could step down to a 9" wide wheel if you wanted. That would suck them in a bit. and I don't know what the BS is on those KMCs but I know its low. Most 9" wide wheels have 4.5" to 4.625" which would help. Stay with 20s though. But if you do go with a different size wheel, I might want to buy your tires.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I can sell you my 2.5 in spacers lol Do you have any idea how bad they would stick out lol

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can sell you my 2.5 in spacers lol Do you have any idea how bad they would stick out lol
That would be AWESOME! I would bring a whole new meaning to the word "HYDROPLANE"!

I just want new wheels and tires. I think I'll put some boggers on it with 15" wheels. :LOL:

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I would.lol I mean I would run the 15" wheels, but I don't know if I would take the chance of running a bogger.lol hahahaha

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
When I had my '01 Sierra 2wd lifted with the 6" Fabtech I ran Epic Stryke wheels. They were 18 x 8.5 with like 5" BS and they were flush with the factory fender flares. I had 285/60 Nitto Graps and had no rubbing issues. But the tire was about an inch or so from the upper control arm.

Picture003.jpg

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
my friend is running the same setup and his tires dont stick out hardly at all, 37x13.50x18 toyo mts on 18x9 moto metal 951s, its all about the width and backspacing

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ sɟɯb
1,791 Posts
Thanks Jason! I have faith!
No problem man!

A friend of mine now has these wheels on his 2006 Silvy 2wd with 4" spindles. They're really close to the upper control arm but have never caused any problems. I think a lot of it has to do with the width of wheel and that the tire isn't a whole lot wider than the rim.

Aren't the Diesels like 4.56 or 4.75? I can't remember but thought they were something odd besides the usual -25 or 4.5".

Factory fender flares wouldn't be enough? I know the Mazzi hulks are kinda played but the Eagle 064 Mazzi look alikes come in 20 x 8.5 with 4.5" BS. They're a few wheels out there with smaller width but still have some backspacing out there. I love the look of a wide wheel but don't want more road debris hitting the side of my truck or it looking like I'm running spacers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts