GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already found the ring and pinion and I have a guy that'll do it for a good price. Now I'm concerned about re-tuning and my speedometer. Will retuning cost the regular tuning price? ($300). And how would I go about getting my speedometer recalibrated?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Justin will do it

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
lol_wut_deutsch.gif

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
121843902953.jpg

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay.... and do ya'll think 4.10's will work well for me? I'm about to start college soon and I'm going to be doing alot of highway driving back and forth

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
okay.... and do ya'll think 4.10's will work well for me? I'm about to start college soon and I'm going to be doing alot of highway driving back and forth
Id go 4.30s with them big ol rims

:word: have you seen his truck? He's been rocking no mirrors and dash for months now. LOL :wtf:
Hey man, I gotz stock mirrorz, just no dash :(

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Absolutely. Your city mileage will increase and your highway mileage will likely not change. Your truck has to work super hard to turn those 24's with a 4.8 and 3.23. Don't worry about gas, you'll be fine.

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay cool. I've been meaning to change the gears since I bought the truck but now that I have the 24's it's kinda become a must

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I'm so ready to do mine

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
If they're cheap ass cast rims and taller than 31", go 4.56:1.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts