GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Finally got the 3/4 drop installed on my truck from belltech, rides really nice, has less body roll, and looks pimp as shit. One question though (seems different from other trucks)

I haven't seen this on other trucks, but is it normal for me to tuck some tire all around with such a small drop? I know 4/6 you def. tuck tire, but it just seemed like my truck was a little lower than other 3/4's ive seen.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gimme tomorrow sometime to upload the pics (have to convert them from 2400x2000 6MP images to 800x600 kinda pics...

The rims are the stock 15's and the tires are the stock 235/75/15 size

Im eventually going to run a 18x8 Rim with a 265/45/18 tire.

Dave

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Springs sometimes tend to settle a bit more up front, so you might get more than a 3" drop up front, hence tucking a bit of tire up front. I wouldn't expect to tuck out back since a 3/4 usually gives you a raked look. Check to see that you're not missing any leaf springs....

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, i figured out what was wrong...the wierd ass angle i worked on the truck with made the back sit low...ive got about as much space as yo do in the back and the front is pretty low (like others suggested it is normal)

I've noticed alot more traction and acceleration from the truck now as well, im thinking its because its lower and theres less body movement from the front to back now with the newer stiffer componenets...but i spun em through first and kept on chirpin em until 3500rpm in second today after school.

One more question...with the belltech kit, what do the red (look like possibly bump stops) go to? if you had a belltech kit their the giant poly cone like objects in the plastic bag. I'll post a pic if needed, jut kinda curious.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
476 Posts
s3gulit said:
Howdy,

Finally got the 3/4 drop installed on my truck from belltech, rides really nice, has less body roll, and looks pimp as shit. One question though (seems different from other trucks)

I haven't seen this on other trucks, but is it normal for me to tuck some tire all around with such a small drop? I know 4/6 you def. tuck tire, but it just seemed like my truck was a little lower than other 3/4's ive seen.

Thanks,
Dave
Here's my 00 GMC with a 2/4 & stock rims & tires. When I put the 18's on it actually looks higher.
The red cone things are probabally bumpstops for the rear.

LK

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts