GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
hotroddr32
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my 3/4 drop!

Started out as a 2/4, but wasn't low enough, so i cut a half a coil from the factory springs, and that got me where I wanted-jury is still out on the rear though..I'm thinking should I have went with flip kit w/ lift shackle?

But it good enough for now..now I need some color matched bumper caps new spoiler, and clear corners and I'll be good.

Thanks to all of you for your help and patience with my questions and inexperience. GMFS rocks!:worship:

DSC01012.jpg
,http://i554.photobucket.com/albums
[ATTACH=full]366639._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]366640._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]366641._xfImport[/ATTACH]

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
flip kit ftw. 3/6 will look bout perfect. mines 4/8 and i love it, but i have more rake from the factory than you. 3/4" rake on mine now...cali ftw.

·
hotroddr32
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clean truck. I like the new stance.
Thanks,man!

flip kit ftw. 3/6 will look bout perfect. mines 4/8 and i love it, but i have more rake from the factory than you. 3/4" rake on mine now...cali ftw.
I'd like a little less rake than what I have but I don't want to push my luck. I'm not bottoming out with the leafs and shackles at all.(and I have tried.)

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Thanks,man!

I'd like a little less rake than what I have but I don't want to push my luck. I'm not bottoming out with the leafs and shackles at all.(and I have tried.)
...much lower and you will need to c-notch. if i can do it on my tow rig, you can do it too.

·
hotroddr32
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I think I would have really liked the quality ride and looks of a flip, but cutting the frame freaked me out, and I had these leafs and shackles so I went the easy route. I'm not liking the ride in the back, and it does have about an inch too high...

But hey, it looks good and turning heads, and thats why we do it right?:head:

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Don't worry about cutting the frame. I was worried too cz i didnt wanna mess anything up but if you take your time and do it right then it's no big deal.

·
hotroddr32
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey there im about to install my 3/4 as well. just wondering what size tires your running there because it looks perfect!
Thanks alot man! The tires are a yokohama 275/45r20. They work real well. could stand a 50 series in the back. But if I drop the back any more they'll work fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks alot man! The tires are a yokohama 275/45r20. They work real well. could stand a 50 series in the back. But if I drop the back any more they'll work fine.
oh awesome. are they the parada spec - x? if so those are the same tires i will be running.

also what offset are your rims if you know. ive got 20x9 rims with +18 offset and am worrying about clearing the front fender on bumps and what not?

·
Coon-Ass Member
104 Posts
looks AWESOME i love that model silverado single cabs dropped...they were meant to lay low. I do believe that rear end could use another inch of drop and it would be a masterpiece...other than that an awesome job.

·
i always catch you hatin'
606 Posts
yowza :drool:

·
hotroddr32
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh awesome. are they the parada spec - x? if so those are the same tires i will be running.

also what offset are your rims if you know. ive got 20x9 rims with +18 offset and am worrying about clearing the front fender on bumps and what not?

The Parada spec-x was what I wanted, and thought thats what I was getting when the shop prdered them, but when they came in we got an Avid SUV heres the link: http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/avid_suv.aspx
They still looked pretty good, and they were a little cheaper, so I went with it.It was a pretty good choice they work really good.

I'm not sure what the offset is on the wheels. I'm thinking it was a 6.5" offset but on a 9.5" wheel.

Thanks ya'll I appreciate it! I'll take any ideas you might have.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The Parada spec-x was what I wanted, and thought thats what I was getting when the shop prdered them, but when they came in we got an Avid SUV heres the link: http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/avid_suv.aspx
They still looked pretty good, and they were a little cheaper, so I went with it.It was a pretty good choice they work really good.

I'm not sure what the offset is on the wheels. I'm thinking it was a 6.5" offset but on a 9.5" wheel.

Thanks ya'll I appreciate it! I'll take any ideas you might have.
oh right on. ill be installing my kit on the 17th and then putting the paradas on my wheels so ill let ya know how i like them.

with the 3'' drop in the front is it low enough that i should even worry about smucking my fender if my rims do stick out a little?

thanks for the feedback! your truck looks great.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
clean and simple. perfect.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts