GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around online for drop kits for my Tahoe. I think I want to go the lowered route rather than lifting. I know 2wd are easier to lower, but I like the availability of my 4wd in snowy situations. I found the 3/4 kit from Belltech, and I am probably going to go that route unless someone knows of a better kit. My question is can I fit a 305/35/24 with this or would I be better off with a 305/40/22...Would I have any turning issues if I run a 24, any rubbing issues with the width? Post any problems I would have, or post up if it would work. I would like 24s, but i'll go 22s if I have to...Thanks :think:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
im running belltech spindles and a flip kit on my truck and i havnt had any problems with it yet. they make pretty good suspension components in my opinion. as far as running 24s im pretty sure your turning radius would decrease but i dont think it would rub unluss you hit a rough intersection at high speed.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know RandomHero is on here too, but on pttrucks.net, he told me that with a 3/4 i wouldn't even be able to clear 22s without major issues, is there anything i can do to fix that?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
he may be right..youd have to tub the front of the truck with some trailer fenders

·
Registered
148 Posts
I"m using the spring tech one was cheap and works good. I got it on ebay for like 110 last year, have been running in snow etc had not prob.

·
Registered
148 Posts
and I say stay with 20's. and alo get right offset if you are dropping. and also there will be issue with canber when you do alignment. need camber kit to make sure align right.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I say it's fine with 22's but front will prob like 2" drop. you can always adjusted with torsion keys. and also make sure that get right offset for front.
rear you can use +15mm but front you need more to align with the body, I'm thinking probably around +40mm range (but this is for 20X8.5 not sure how much on the 22's) otherwise front will stick out like mine does (see it on my sig)

·
Registered
148 Posts
and also bend the fender lips as well.... otherwise that gonna scrape the tire if you hit the pot hole.... (did happen on mine..)

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
What headlights are you running tahoehtp? I need some new ones but I'm kinda sketch on the black projectors since I'm going to run hids but want black housings.

·
Registered
148 Posts
that's a black projector light I got off ebay. and using silverstar blub on it.
it you use H-1 bulb stype HID bulb I don't see any issues running them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts