GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched for what i was looking for but couldnt find it...

I have a set of 05' 2500 (gas) leaf springs i can use.What im wanting to do is swap them under my 1/2 ton without the lift block...

So my questions are-(i dont have these springs yet so i dont have measurments yet)
1-Are the 2500 springs the same lenght/width??
2-What amount of lift will the hd springs give???
3-Who's done it,how many leafs did you take out if any??

Thanks guys :D

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
Subscribed. I've got a friend who's looking at doing this too

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
i did it, direct swap, same ubolts and all

they give around 2 inch of lift, so i took out my stock blocks and im at the same height

i didnt take any leafs out, if you take them out, it will mike it a 1500 with no lift basically, they are almost the same arch just stiffer so less sag,

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Bryan when you say around 2" is that alittle more or less???
Do you tow anything with the truck??
Im looking to raise the rear an inch from where it sits now.. So it sounds like i may have to go with the zero rate block as well ..

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
it will give you 1 - 2in more than the standard 1500 leaf pack. You will probably need new ubolts if you do the springs and zero rate.

Just swap the springs and see how the truck sits and go from there.

Do it with as little gas in the tank as possible..... the bolt on the front of the driver side pack cannot be removed without loosening the tank or buy a new on and cut the old one out and reinstall the other way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ive heard from many people that the extra like stiffness is better because there alot stronger cause heavier and more towing capacity on those springs ive always seen people do that with a torsion twist and stuff some 33 or 35 under many

1 - 7 of 7 Posts