GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Glawswaggin
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started my gear swap last night. Stopped when I realized the pinion bearing they sent me were wrong. The inside diameter was right but outside was too small... Went to oreillys this morning to get new bearings and races but they said the ones I had were the right ones.. couldnt even find anything in the computers that were the size I need. Had a koyo part number on the old stuff but their computer wouldn't cross reference it... weird thing is everything else in the kit was right.. and its only the inner and outer pinion bearings and races that are wrong.. the truck is an 09 Silverado 2wd. 9.6 rear with g80 if that matters. Need help!

·
Glawswaggin
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well talked to the dealership and apparently they switched the bearing sizes in 2009. Just the pinion inner and outer bearings. Also had to get a new pinion seal, and it was different. Weird thing is I matched it to the old one at oreillys and they said it was for the 9.5 rear end... Haha idk but were all good. Btw I got acdelco bearings from the dealer. Those guys were pretty helpful. Hopefully that will help others in the future. On another note, got everything installed and backlash set to .007-.0075 gears sound great under acceleration but on deceleration around 30 mph they whine really loudly. Not sure if it's too much back lash or what. Gonna go back in tomorrow to see what I can find out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts