GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone Out There With A 3/5 Drop On A 99 To Present Rcsb Silverado. Would Like To See Some Pics And If Possible What Kits And Parts You Used.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
a friend of mine has a 3/5 on a 4 door on 22s

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks For The Info, Hows It Ride? You Dont Have A C-notch Do You, I Was Trying To Keep From Cutting My Frame Right Now, So It Would Be A Plus To See Someone Who Hasent. But I Dont Want To Be Bottoming Out All The Time, I Was Wondering Too, If I Could Use The Ground Force Kit For Ecsb

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
Thanks For The Info, Hows It Ride? You Dont Have A C-notch Do You, I Was Trying To Keep From Cutting My Frame Right Now, So It Would Be A Plus To See Someone Who Hasent. But I Dont Want To Be Bottoming Out All The Time, I Was Wondering Too, If I Could Use The Ground Force Kit For Ecsb
Don't get the ground force kit. It's a waste of money. Unless you can get it cheaper than a djm or belltech kit or McGaughy's I would go with one of those 3.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does Belltech, Mcgaughy's, Or Djm Make A 3/5 Kit, I Guess I Could Use There Parts To Set One Up, Could I Get By Without A C-notch

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Yeah those companies make one. I was lookin at a 2wd and was quoted like 1200 for a 3/5 drop installed.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
And yeah you can also get by without notching the frame. But if you want more travel its not too expensive i dont think.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
And yeah you can also get by without notching the frame. But if you want more travel its not too expensive i dont think.
no, not expensive...nor is it hard to install in the driveway customs garage.

did my old truck in 8 hours by myself.

all you need is a jack, 2 jack stands, and some big boy tools. normally included in your usual tool box.

if you lived around the baton rouge/gonzales/laplace/new orleans area i'd do it for ya.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
DSC00054-1.jpg

heres mine...belltech shackles, leafs, and coils

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
DSC00054-1.jpg

heres mine...belltech shackles, leafs, and coils
with the coils did you find that you lost any turning, or have a lot of bounce to it?

i was thinking about doing spindles...but all i have is 18s...and i might not ever go with bigger rims...i dunno though... i'll think about it......

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks man, Coils, shackles, and hangers.
How did you get 5" drop with 2 inch lowering shackles and 2 inch lowering hangers?

I have a Belltech drop kit and it is a 3/4 kit, with 3 inch drop springs, 2" lowering shackles, 2" lowering hangers, and Nitro shocks all around. Installed price was $955 including 4 wheel thrust alignment. Took them all day to finish. The rear hangers were a pita! Wish though for another 1 inch.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
my first drop was a 3/5 as pictured(see below) on 275/45/20s.now its a little lower in the back after i super-notched it and installed a 4-link. i static dropped using coils and dearched springs. coils are ok IMO. maybe if you want get some lower control arms. as for the leafs, not a good idea. i would recommend a flip kit with a 1" lift somehow(shackles?) that way you still have a factory ride.when i flattened my leafs, they got very stiff. i used belltech drop shocks. which are fine. i would leave the stock shocks on and see how you like it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I carry a kit from McGaughys (bell tech too) that flips the rear axle to get 6". Then you remove the rear hanger & install a new one that flips the shackle upside down. This new shacle-hanger bracket is adjustable from 4"-5". It was designed for the crew cabs with the welded front hanger but works well with regular cabs & extended cabs as well. The main thing is that you avoid the drop leaf spring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My Main Concern, Is Which Is Going To Give Me The Most Drop With The Best Ride Quality, I Know Alot Of Times That Is Hard To Do. I Have Had An Older Silverado With A 4/6 Drop And Liked The Look But No The Ride.

·
Registered
33 Posts
whats up guys just want to see if anybody can help me with my truck,I got a 3/5 drop on my 2001 silverado belltech 3'' coils,hangers and shackles shocks and my rims and tires are 265/35/22 my question is why does my truck still ride rough,do i need to upgrade any suspension parts balljoints,tie rods etc any opinions would help thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts