GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to do a 3/5 drop on an OBS gmc? I would want to do 3" coils up front, shackles and new leaf springs in the rear. Anybody make 3" drop leaf springs? I wouldn't think I would have to notch my frame with this would I? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know hotchkis makes 4" leaf springs. Could I just use them and set my shackles to 1"? would it hit the frame?

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Glad you finally made it over Chad. Personally if I was you, I would go ahead and for 4/6, or even 5/7. What ever you choose, you will prolly still have to notch your frame.

·
Registered
28 Posts
BE AWARE THE A DROP LEAF SPRING ISN'T AS STRONG AND THE STOCK ONE AND YOU WILL BOUNCE MORE. :nono: IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GO WITH A 4-6

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I agree, you might as well do a 4/6 drop. I've seen some trucks with a 3/5 using the components you mentioned and they get away with it. You do have to expect some smaking of the frame on pot holes and bumps unless you notch the frame.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Mine smacks em every once and a while but I'd go for the 4/6 or 5/7 also. I wish I had! Plus on an obs I would def. go lower.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts