GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have pictures or any information to put towards a 3/5 drop, or a 4/6 drop on SS 22s?

i want to put 22s for show..but when i get ready to go to the track, i can slap on some 16s and the tires wont rub....i dunno what to do right now.

i have 265-75-16 mud tires right now, but i decided i dont want to pull pig trailors anymore...i think i wanna go get a 80-90 model 1 ton dually to pull with.

thanks

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
well i know the replicas are 22x10 and im pretty sure they dont tuck so plan to roll your fender lips for sure in the rear either way

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the rear is cool i wont mind that....but the front doesnt have a lip to roll like the pre 98s....wonder if they will mess anything up in the front..... any ideas?

thanks

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
run like a 3/5.....how do i fix the chevy lean?

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
lifting shackle on the passenger side

go with a 3/6...spindles and coils in the front with a flip kit out back with lifting shackle on passenger side

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wont look stupid will it?
i already have 2 inch drop shackles....what if i was to put a 3-6 with a 4 inch drop leafs, and the 2 shackles? i kind of want to do control arms because i want to be able to put a set of 16s back on so i can hit the drag strip.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I don't know how much of a drop the ss 22s would work with. I remember hearing they wouldn't tuck though. And do a 3/6 or 4/6, assuming the wheels you want will allow you to do so.

btw, the lifting shackle would go on the drivers side since it is the side that is lower.

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
I don't know how much of a drop the ss 22s would work with. I remember hearing they wouldn't tuck though. And do a 3/6 or 4/6, assuming the wheels you want will allow you to do so.

btw, the lifting shackle would go on the drivers side since it is the side that is lower.
:pow:

good call...:D

·
Registered
61 Posts
The SS wheels will tuck in the back with like a 295 with just rolling the lip but i have a 305/40/22 on the back and had to get them milled a 1/4" to clear that big of a tire.I'm prob gonna run 22's all the way around pretty soon so i'm gonna have to raise the front of my truck up about an inch and a half and hope that i can clear that 10" wide wheel in the front.Tfunit don't you have 22x10's up front and did you have to do anything to the front or do they rub at all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts