GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing drop kits for a lil bit, and i think i found a good deal on one, but need yall's opinion.
It consists of 3in Belltech coils
and a DJM rear flip kit.
both brand new and shipped for $353, is that a good deal?

and if anyone wants to whore there truck out, post rcsb 4/6 pics with stockers.

edit: also i currently have 265/70/r17s on my truck would this work with the set-up above?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Thought I had some drop pics with the stockers, but can't find none. That tire size will be close, its 31.7" tall. Will definitely rub on bumps. My stockers were 255/70/16s and fit fine on my 4/6, but they are only 30.1" tall.

I looked it up real quick, and it was like $340 + shipping for the coils and flip kit, so that isn't bad if you are looking at a shop. If its from an individual, should be less. Talk to James at godfather customs and see what he can do for you. Also know that you will need shocks to go along with the drop

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought I had some drop pics with the stockers, but can't find none. That tire size will be close, its 31.7" tall. Will definitely rub on bumps. My stockers were 255/70/16s and fit fine on my 4/6, but they are only 30.1" tall.

I looked it up real quick, and it was like $340 + shipping for the coils and flip kit, so that isn't bad if you are looking at a shop. If its from an individual, should be less. Talk to James at godfather customs and see what he can do for you. Also know that you will need shocks to go along with the drop
where will the tires rub? fenders? front or back?

also where did you find it for 340? and what brand, i found a discount for the price i got, and its brand new off the internet.

edit:just priced McGaughys 3in coils, and DJM flip kit and it was $324 shipped!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Search around good before you buy, and check the classifieds too for deals. I just looked at stylin trucks as I knew I could find what you had listed fast, only searched the exact components in your original post. As you see, better deals are out there if you look around.

As for rubbing, back should be fine, but front will rub on the top. Possibly at lock on the plastic. Could probably get away with it for the most part as long as you are careful, but will be real close. Each truck is a little different so its a tough call.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, well i went and looked again at GCustoms.com and i noticed that they only had the 3in coils for ext cab, pissed me off.

what size tires would i have to run in the front to not rub?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
There was a member that had a 3/5 with 265/70/17, and I bet you could get another inch out back with those tires. I can't remember the name of him though, he has a white crew cab nbs. I think it was Cptf.....something

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
pm sent

·
once you go black...
16 Posts
Hey man, I'm running a 3/6 on my xcab right now, belltech springs and flip kit. Right now running a 265/40/20, but had a 255/70/17 for a little while... Didn't have any issues with the 17's. Truck in my sig... Just fyi...

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone ever heard things about Chassis Tech? i found a good deal on 2in spindles and i figured there cant be much diffrence between spindles.?

and everyone has said go with 2in spindles and 1 in springs for better alignment and ride quality.

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
if you do spindles/springs belltech ill get yah a great deal just like the other stuff we were talkin about.

honestly i wouldnt do chasie tech

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, thanks for letting me know before i went ahead and bought them.

norcal ss- send me a price on spindles and springs

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
i just did bro.

gave you a price for djm 3/6 and belltech 3/6

·
Vendor
2,493 Posts
you should also ask hows the ride with 3 inch drop springs in front.

id do a spindle/1 inch spring before a 3 inch drop spring.

·
patio furniture breaker
563 Posts
Hows the alignment with the 3" spring in the front?
you should also ask hows the ride with 3 inch drop springs in front.

id do a spindle/1 inch spring before a 3 inch drop spring.
alignment is perfect, but i did get it realigned when i bolted up the 22's.

ride is not bad at all on my 3/6 drop. of course, mines only a v6, but it still not bad. my stockers fit perfect, 245/70/17's. my 22's fit great too, i've never rubbed them or anything, even at full turns.

no spare and a Custom Classics rollpan, on stockers

on 22's

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
Ive got the 3" coils up front and the ride quality isnt bad. Hell, my only ride quality complaint is from the stiff ass douchetech shocks, and even then it's in the rear that it rides like shit.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alignment is perfect, but i did get it realigned when i bolted up the 22's.

ride is not bad at all on my 3/6 drop. of course, mines only a v6, but it still not bad. my stockers fit perfect, 245/70/17's. my 22's fit great too, i've never rubbed them or anything, even at full turns.

no spare and a Custom Classics rollpan, on stockers

on 22's

your truck is the one that made me finally decide to drop mine!
what shocks are you using with the kit? and what coils and flip kit did you use?

1 - 20 of 72 Posts