GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good shocks that ride good for a decent price?

I've searched and saw some of yall like doetsch tech (sp?) but then i saw that there to stiff.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone help me out? im looking for shocks for the front.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
You can buy them locally at any parts store that sells monroe. Theres a size chart you can look through and pick out the part number.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
The mounting styles are pretty easy to fiure out. Just look at the diagrams.

When you drop your truck measure the distance from eyelet to eyelet at ride height. Then looking at the chart you have to add up the shocks extended and collapsed lengths. Divide that number by two and you will get the average. Do that until the average you find is or very close to your ride height length.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
anyone know if KYBs are any good? i found some on ebay for a decent price for front shocks.

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
KYBs are cheap because they're garbage. I had a set on my 71 Grand Prix and they rode like smashed ass.

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
glad i found that out before i bought them..im still having trouble finding front shocks.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
the only thing i could find was for a dodge dakota/durango. part # 32318 , its hard to find a monroe shock that fits your mount style and get closer to the range of your 3" drop. what shock do you have now?

·
Z71 Offroad
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont have the drop on yet, but i only have stock shocks and i wanted to find some shocks to put on when i put on the drop so i dont have to do it a 2nd time..

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
I think the application for my front shocks was for a 83-88 C10 or something, at least thats what it listed for the part number on summit for my summit/douchetechs.

EVeryone on here will say to measure mounting point to mounting point, but if you're like me, you can't wait 4 days or so for a set of shocks to get shipped to you. There's a thread on here somewhere here that's titles something like "Summit shocks are douchetech shocks' or something that has the part numbers for the summit shocks that i got. Might be worth a search.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Those summit shocks are garbage :imo

Worst riding shock i ever had.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Sensatracs 37072 should ride pretty decent for a 3-4" front drop. You can get them locally so theres no need to wait for shipping. When you drop your truck just let me know your measurements and i can look some up for you.

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
mine dont ride too bad up front, its just the rears that are stiff for me. But at least he can compare the measurements of the shocks and mounting styles to help him get the right shocks for his truck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
could go with air shocks, can be bought at your local parts store.. any where from 55-75 dollars a set... !!! lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts