GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle - 2007.5 Sierra HD (cc,lb)

It looks like I'm set on the Cognito 4-6" lift. Now I just have to decide what I'm doing about the rear. I'm going to keep the front set at 4" and will raise the rear about 3" to have a slight rake. This is a crew cab, long bed truck so that probably won't even be noticeable. It will sit even when I have my car hauler attached. So what's everyone else running? I could go with 3" blocks or use the Deaver springs with 1" drop shackles and then slide air bags in for when I tow.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Deavers are badass performance-wise and for street comfort. But, they'll sag when you tow... so the air bags are a must.

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I'd go with Deavers and the helper bags for the best ride unloaded and you'll be fine with them aired up when towing :imo

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I'd go with Deavers and the helper bags for the best ride unloaded and you'll be fine with them aired up when towing :imo
yeah, not a bad idea at all. If you tow more often than not, you could just get them made for the towing, but obviously would suffer SOME when unloaded. Helper bags are a little more expensive, but a good compromise.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of my towing is light. That would be a boat or double jet ski trailer. The heaviest thing would be a 32" enclosed car hauler. That weighs just over 10,000lbs loaded. It looks like springs/bags will be the best way to go.

Thanks!

·
haz 12"s!
4,533 Posts
cool.. its not often you see a vender asking for opinions. Tom, do yall sell the Cognito lifts?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We don't do much with truck suspensions. I'm more of a performance guy so I figured I'd ask for suggestings in here :)

I'd know alot more if I lived in a state that allowed big lifts. I'd really like to run 9" with 37s but the truck would be a target for police around here.

·
4,725 Posts
don't do suspension, but rather do performance???

I'd get lift springs with helpers or bags

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
We don't do much with truck suspensions. I'm more of a performance guy so I figured I'd ask for suggestings in here :)

I'd know alot more if I lived in a state that allowed big lifts. I'd really like to run 9" with 37s but the truck would be a target for police around here.
im pretty sure cali has some of the strictest laws and a 9" on 37s would be completly legal except mud flaps....id recomend a 9" on some wide 36s:endofshow

·
4,725 Posts
ME too

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's been awhile since I've read the MA lift laws but I believe the most it can legally be lifted is 2". It's very rare that you see a lifted truck around here. The police sometimes won't bother you but then I've heard of people being stopped and the officer started measureing the bumper height.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Um, what about 2.5" AALs? They are better then blocks, and a hell of a lot cheaper then a set of custom leaf springs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts