GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been thinkin of gettin 2-3" blocks in the back (even yall think i never will) cause im gettin kinda tired of the cali lean..anybody got any pics of 2-3" blocks in the rear with a bodylift?
add-a-leaf pics will do, but i want to keep the stock flex with my blocks

also
after the blocks, i shouldnt re-use the u-bolts, am i right?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
don't reuse u bolts...as for picturing lift, get a hi lift and lift the body up 3" over what it sits now. thats what itll look like with 3" block.s

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
AAL > Blocks. Never reuse U-bolts.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't reuse u bolts...as for picturing lift, get a hi lift and lift the body up 3" over what it sits now. thats what itll look like with 3" block.s
good idea, but i dont have a hi-lift, so ill jus stack wood under my trailor hitch :crazy:

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know about axle wrap and stuff, but 3" with 33s aint too much stress
is that the only reason you say AAL?

·
Registered
871 Posts
i will sell you my 3" blocks for $25 shipped

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont think theyd fit in right
anybody got any input on this?

·
Registered
871 Posts
ya idk i'll wait till some one chimes in

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
How much of a cali lean do you have? They way your pictures look, that 3" block will make you have one hell of a texas tilt. I just recently got rid of my cali lean and the texas tilt is a completely different feeling when you're sittin in the driver's seat. I haven't decided which way I like better. But i think the texas tilt looks better

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2" higher front fenders, but sometimes it looks real bad leanin

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
With a 3" block your truck will have a rake like my mower. Go with a 2" block or better yet, an AAL. Blocks suck nuts.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Eric quit being a dummy. No blocks and Roll Cali style

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Cali style is icky lookin.. ecspecially if you ever hook up to any trailers!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
If you use your truck for any kind of work, like pulling trailers or hauling anything in your bed, then the texas tilt is the only way to go. The cali lean is for looks and looks only unless you're running in a baja race or something.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
If you use your truck for any kind of work, like pulling trailers or hauling anything in your bed, then the texas tilt is the only way to go. The cali lean is for looks and looks only unless you're running in a baja race or something.
I run baja races every day. Tryin to beat those motor graders to the end of the dirt roads before they resurface them.:crazy: That is why my truck is setting Cali, no other reason. At all.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I ran 2" blocks and stock tires with ford keys and a BJ flip and was 39" all around.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no way im droppin the front for sure, really id like to have it about 1.5" higher, but i dont feel like gettin ford keys
its either really cali, or really texas...but not belmont cali

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I run baja races every day. Tryin to beat those motor graders to the end of the dirt roads before they resurface them.:crazy: That is why my truck is setting Cali, no other reason. At all.
That's why I said unless you're running in a baja race or something. It's a completely different story if you’re running races than everyone else with a lifted truck. There is no practicality to a cali lean if you use your truck for any kind of work. And if you’re running baja races you’re probably not using your truck for any kind of work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts