GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have a 2007 2500hd 6.0 it has a 6" lift on it atm but im wanting to add a 3" body lift. the 6" on a 2500 hd sits alot higher than on a 1500 and somone told he they have a 2" body lift of them from the factory wich i had seen. my question is, if i put a 3" body lift on my truck, will it essentially only be 1" taller than it is right now? thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
The “HD already have a 2” BL” is because the frames are taller than a 1500. If you put a 3” BL on your truck your going to get 3” taller. But body lifts on HDs are going to show a lot of frame.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
The “HD already have a 2” BL” is because the frames are taller than a 1500. If you put a 3” BL on your truck your going to get 3” taller. But body lifts on HDs are going to show a lot of frame.
What he said. It’s actually like 1.25/1.50” but it’s just a bigger frame with the mounts higher up, cab bushings are the same size as 1500. So 3” will still net 3”. But holy fuck is that frame gonna show.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awsome guys i appreciate the information, yea i agree there will be frame for days, i plan to do n-fabs and gap guards to help. i appreciate the info!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts