GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright boys i got a 88 chevy 2500 and im thinking about going with a 3'' body lift... anyway what do i all need to put this on... do i need longer lines or anything... also what size tires can i clear... does anyone have any pictures of a 88-98 k2500 with a 3'' body lift on it

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Shouldn't need longer lines. I don't have any pictures but I'm sure there are a few people that will post up. Is it a 4x4? As far as what size tire you can clear, it depends on what rims you are going to run. If you stick with stocks rims, you can run a narrower 35 with a torsion crank and a slight trim..... but if you go with an aftermarket rim it all depends on what BS and if you decide on x8s or x10s. Try searching, there are TONS of threads about what size tire you can clear with what lifts.

·
Its just my style
1,404 Posts
As long as you get a Performance Accessories body lift "kit", it should come with everything needed. Minus the optional, and very needed gap guards.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i was looking at the 3'' lift "kit" and it is the 4wd. well i have a friend that has a set of 35x12.5x17'' tires with pro comp rims i was going to pick up...

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
they'll fit...might have to crank your bars if they arent already

maybe trimming the airdam or inner fenders but they'll fit

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
ive got the PA 3" bl. i clear 33x14x16 boggers just fine with 5.5 b on 16x10 wheels.

i did the cut out flares and now im going to put on some 36x13's. hope they fit!!

·
Hillbilly Deluxe
1,096 Posts
i agree!

on the BL- you wont need anything to lift it. just something 2 or 3 inches tall, and longer bolts.

you will need to make some sort of drop down for your fan shorouds however, this can be done wilth a piece of flat stock cut 3 inches long, with 1/4in holes in the ends. Included in PA kit.

You also need a linkage for your steering shaft, that will lengthen it and keep it from binding. it can be made by any machine shop. PA kit comes with it.

theres also some misc brake line things to hold your lines, i gotem with the kit, and thats where they r still at.

you will also need a tube for your gas filler neck to extend it. i think its just a thin piece of aluminum pipe thats 2 inch. comes with PA kit.

you will need some bumper brackets up fron, 3 inches offset up. theres also a mount thats a 3 inch plate to lift your outside bracket. rear is a separate kit by itsself. all included in PA kit minus rear. thats separate.
hope that helps!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts