GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with the exhaust changes, I'm considering a 3" body lift, I know there are instructions with the kit, and that most have shops put them on, but perhaps some on here can give me a play by play read up on how to self install it, if not, just tell me im wasting my time and i wont bother, but i saw a guy with a stepside setup with my suspension lift and a body lift, wow...
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269479

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Unbolt Body Jack It Up Put In Blocks New Bolts Re Torque.

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so is it definantly worth it to do it yourself, seeing as how i've been quoted for 550-650 for installation of a 250 dollar kit?

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
if you have a spec of mechanical know how you should be able to figure it out. One of the easiest things ive done to my truck

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Damnit. I want to do a body lift to my truck. But I am quite "anti-body lift" if you will.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha will do

·
Registered
162 Posts
Most people gawk at the $500-$600 that shops get for labor. Install one for the first time yourself and you will see why. I know there are those on here that will tell you they can install it themselves in 1 hour, but I would tell you to allocate 8-10 hours on your first one. Helps if you have air tools as well.

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
But I am quite "anti-body lift" if you will.

I was the same way but i think mine turned out pretty good. As long as you do a good job with the bumpers and gap guards its not so bad.:imo

And yes, very worth while to do it yourself. Im helping a buddy do his 98 stepside this weekend.

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i'm gonna need help for sure, ican already tell =(

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will the 3" dwarf my 35s? since the 2wd 7" is really equivalent to maybe a 4.5-5.5 4x4 lift, i would think that 7+3 would still be ok with 315's, i dont wanna put on the kit and dwarf my tires, feedback? thanks so much in advance

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
will the 3" dwarf my 35s? since the 2wd 7" is really equivalent to maybe a 4.5-5.5 4x4 lift, i would think that 7+3 would still be ok with 315's, i dont wanna put on the kit and dwarf my tires, feedback? thanks so much in advance
I think it might. Judging by how they look now... is there any reason you want to throw a bl on besides just adding that extra 3" of height?

·
Supporting Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
heh to be honest, i'd like to design a custom skid plate, and paint the suspension lift like auburn on fullsizechevy.com, other than that, i just think the 7+3 looks great, although I don't really want to get another set of tires, I'm happy with my current stance and setup, it's just not very...showy, ya know?

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
i think it will look good. i say go for it and put on some 36 or 37 down the road if you can. and if i was anywhere near you i would offer to help out...sorry dude.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts