GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a lot of searching on here and don't yet have the answer, here's the question: I have a 2007 Silverado 2WD (NNBS) with a 3" RC lift, with the premium arms. I'd like to know if a 295/70 r18 (Nitto Terra Grappler about 34.4") could fit with some minor trimming. I plan on mounting it on an 18x9" Rockstar wheel or the XD Addict, same size wheel either way. I figure that this specific tire is tall yet slightly skinny so it may work, does anyone know?

·
GET SOME!!!
589 Posts
Theres going to be some trimming for sure. 33s are really the max size you can run with this lift, but Ive heard some run bigger with trimming. Some still have rubbing after trimming.

Let me know when your ready to buy some wheels and (or) tires. Ill give you a good deal.

·
07SilveradoNoob
1,314 Posts
It all depends on the rim backspacing/offset. If you keep the backspacing around 5.7" you shouldn't have too much trimming.

Healthy example, when I had my 3.5"RC kit(added spacer up front), I had to trim a good bit, including metal to fit my 275/60/20-skinnier/shorter than what you want to run, and all that trimming was due to my 4.5" backspacing.

·
Registered
909 Posts
theres a guy on here with that kit runnin 35s with stock rims, if u runnin stock rims u be ok .

·
1,847 Posts
Theres going to be some trimming for sure. 33s are really the max size you can run with this lift, but Ive heard some run bigger with trimming. Some still have rubbing after trimming.

Let me know when your ready to buy some wheels and (or) tires. Ill give you a good deal.
what brands of wheels and tires do you carry? That part of the website doesn't work

·
1,847 Posts
Honestly, no point to run 35s :imo It'll look so stuffed it'll be ridiculous. Stick w/ 33s

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I saw a GMC Sierra on here with a 2.5" leveling and he managed to fit 315/70/r17's (about 34.4", same diameter I'm looking at). However instead of the width of a 315 I'm looking at a 295. With my extra 1/2" of lift and skinnier tire it seems like I could run the Nitto TG 295/70/r18 with some trimming of course.
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123368&highlight=315%27s

·
Registered
909 Posts
i do agree with j-rod the 35s would look stuffed, the pics on here ive seen they all have looked stuffed, regardless if 35s would fit on not i would stick with just 33s

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well keep in mind I'm not thinking of doing 35's, but more like 34's. Either a 33.6" tire or a 34.4" tire. Also to me the stuffed look is better than oversized wheel gaps, but thats all relative. I mainly want to know how bad the rubbing would be with my setup, also keep in mind I plan on mounting the tire on 18x9" XD Rockstar or Addict wheel with 5" of back spacing. So any thoughts on if thats the right back spacing or if the wheel is too wide?

·
Registered
284 Posts

I have 295x70x17 and still have room to fit 315's!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey whiteZ714x4, are you on stock wheels? Also with the tires you've got now do you think they'd fit with another inch in diameter?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hey whiteZ714x4, are you on stock wheels? Also with the tires you've got now do you think they'd fit with another inch in diameter?

Hey, I have stock GMC 17's and I am running 295x70x17. Yes they will fit with another inch in diameter.

Time to update my sig

·
Registered
284 Posts
Should be fine... Although at full lock I rub my UCA, so I may buy wheel spacers

·
Never Around
1,437 Posts
Any thoughts on the BF Goodrich T/A KO in a LT305/65R18? They are 33.7" in diameter.
I just have the 2.5" ccm kit, but I tried a set of 305/65/18 BFG's on my stock wheels and it would have required a lot of trimming...including metal.
It rubbed just sitting on the pavement and turning the wheel.

I went with the 285/65/18 BFG AT and no rubbing and no trimming what so ever.

Photobucket is being really weird for me lately...or I would post pics of both.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts