GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i have to get different rims if i get a 3 inch spindle? also, if i get a 2in coil spacer and 265's will it sit like a 4x4? whats it gonna take to get it to sit like a 4x4 or a little bigger keeping stock rims?

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
fabtech spindles dont require aftermarket wheels but a cst spindle will. a spindle alone will sit like a 4x4 with a little crank. if you add a 2" coil spacer to the spindle, you can probably run 305/70/16 (or equivalent) with little valance trimming

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha oh ok.....how much and where can i get the spindle? with the spindlewill i have to do anything to the rear or just leave it alone? and will 265's or 285's be better bfg all terrains?

·
Registered
84 Posts
With 2" spacers or 3" spindles + 1" blocks you can fit 265's. With 4" spindles + 2" blocks or 3" spindles + 1" spacers + 2" blocks you can fit 285's.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buttespade, would you say you are the height of a 4x4 stock? and do i need new shocks with a 2" spacer and 1 inch block

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
buttespade, would you say you are the height of a 4x4 stock? and do i need new shocks with a 2" spacer and 1 inch block
im like an 1 to 1.5 inches higher up front, i was next to a 2500hd the other day and was like an inch shorter than him up front, his back was higher tho cuz he had a nasty rake to it, with 2 inch coil spacer you would wanna go with new shocks, the back would be okay but if they extended out pretty far, the shocks would kinda pull it and you would be able to notice it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this maybe a stupid question but are you saying with 3" spindle and 2 inch spacer get new shocks or just with a 2" spacer?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can use stock shocks up front. I have 3" rough country spindles with 2" daystar spacers and i got 3" blocks for the rear. You will need new back shocks if you go with blocks. I am running 33/12.50/17 MTZ's on 17x8 with 4.5 backspacing.
DSC00155.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
i really like the stance your truck has.....would 265's on stock rims be to small for that setup
No i ran 245's on stock rims. I can get you pics of that if you want. I just put the 33's on thursday. It will not look to bad.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bad-Intentions, do you have any rubbing with the 33's? I'm putting on 3" Fabtech spindles and 2" Readylift spacers. I was going to go with 285's but if 33x12.5's will fit I might have to get those. Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts