GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, last week I decided to upgrade to some 305/55/R20s from my old 275/60R20s. I got the Cooper Zeon LTZs again as I'm in love with that tire. It certainly rubbed, but not as bad as I thought it would be. However, I thought it would be a great oppurtunity to tell the misses I needed a bodylift to clear my new tires since she's been against raising it in the past. I really wish I had done this sooner.

Two things about the bodylift install. I had to cut the crap out of the frame horns to get the valance to fit right and without trimming it. Secondly, I was disappointed at first before I put the gap guards on. It didn't look finished off at all. But after I put the gap guards in, painted the wheel wells and exposed frame, it really came together! I couldn't be happier:biggrin:

Disregard my exhaust...I have to take it to the shop next week and get the guy to readjust the tip angle now:crazy:

BodyLift6-7-09.jpg

BodyLift26-7-09.jpg

BodyLift36-7-09.jpg

BodyLift46-7-09.jpg

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man i love your truck cant even tell it has a body lift greattt job.

whats next?
Thanks!

I still want a Z71 valance. so maybe thats next:hmm:

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good man. :imo

It could come down an inch or two in the back though.
My girl was driving it back from lunch and I was following her and it looks perfect while its moving. But, I still might swap a NNBS 1.25" block anyways to make it perfectly level.

In your opinion, do you say to drop it down because it looks like its towering the rear, or just to level it out?

·
Low Life ↓
4,485 Posts
My girl was driving it back from lunch and I was following her and it looks perfect while its moving. But, I still might swap a NNBS 1.25" block anyways to make it perfectly level.

In your opinion, do you say to drop it down because it looks like its towering the rear, or just to level it out?
just to level it out...drop shackles are cheap these days.

·
BORN CHEVY
1,324 Posts
Looks a lot more aggressive! Good job!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks fella's....I went ahead and got the NNBS 1.25" block for the rear coming later this week. I think it should just give it just enough rake to be barely noticable, which is what I like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts