GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
TEAM WHITE
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to go with a mud terrain soon and was wondering if any of you had pictures of what your mud tires looked like... different styles and widths... doesnt matter, I just want to see some 305 inch muds on 16 inch rims to get an idea of how the tires look mounted. :shake:
thanks,
A.

·
TEAM WHITE
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anthony, how did you like the buckshots? I heard their sidewall isnt very agressive but i cant really tell from the sig. I want something that has a more agressive look unlike my current terra grapplers.

·
TEAM WHITE
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dunlop Mud Rovers
Cooper Discoverer STT

But then Again I went BFG At's for the Commute
How expensive are these tires?
I know BFG looks good for sure... but they are generally pretty pricey for my liking. Any pics of these tires?

·
Texas Born & Raised!
4,536 Posts
Well you know my opinion on the Buckshots, but they do lack in sidewall tread. Have you looked into the new Maxxis Bighorns yet? Ohh and definatley go with 315s this time! :read:

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
Anthony, how did you like the buckshots? I heard their sidewall isnt very agressive but i cant really tell from the sig. I want something that has a more agressive look unlike my current terra grapplers.
they rode great, werent too loud, just have reg sidewalls... but the tread pattern is good. mud rovers are very similar... theres lots of mud tires out there to choose from.
firestone i think, makes a bfg mt type tire with side lugs... very similar.

·
Yuuuuuppppppp
1,055 Posts
i like the BFG mud terrains also..infact..do a ebay search and i believe there are a set of slightly used 305/70 16s on their right now for somewhere in the 400's..

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
firestone i think, makes a bfg mt type tire with side lugs... very similar.
firestone destination mt...i had these on my truck before the bighorns. I dont suggest getting these if it rains alot in your area, they suck horrendously in wet conditions. The bighorns are so much better in every way

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ive seen a few pics of your truck in the mud gmc00z, but how do you like those bighorns? Do they pull well?

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
never really got it into anything serious so dont really know how well they pull. I love the looks of the tire, the main reason i bought them opposed to the buckshots

·
Suburbanite
597 Posts
I am wanting to go with a mud terrain soon and was wondering if any of you had pictures of what your mud tires looked like... different styles and widths... doesnt matter, I just want to see some 305 inch muds on 16 inch rims to get an idea of how the tires look mounted. :shake:
thanks,
A.

Here is a set of LT305/70R17 MTR's on my Suburban mounted on 17x8 AR Victor ATX Teflon Wheels. I know they're not 16's but they would be close in size to what you are looking for.

Picture368Large.gif

Picture369Large.gif

Picture353.jpg

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Here are some of my Summit MudDawgs, which are the same exact tire as the Bighorns, just with a different name:

Picsofthe305s009.jpg

CaseysTruck003.jpg

They are 305/70/16s. I love them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i don't know why but i absolutely love mud dawgs. ive got 315/75/16 Cooper STTs on my bronco but they're not my favorite mud tire out there. i'd go with the BFG...and def. a 315.

·
TEAM WHITE
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the pics and replies guys... is there going to be much of a power loss going from a 305 to a 315? that's what i was concerned about... that and gas milage.

·
Chevy Owner
1,363 Posts
Ive heard different storys....some say there's a big difference, others say that there isn't hardly any difference at all. I remember Grant was saying that when he went from 35's down to 33's on his Z that he didn't notice any improvements either way...so he was gonna go back to 35's.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts