GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across some 315/75/16 BFG AT's really cheap. Can I run these on my truck with no lift? I will be running the stock rims. I have 285's now and they dont rub at all. I will be getting a BL soon but I want the tires on there now. My t-bars are cranked all the way now. I dont mind a little rubbing but how much will I have? Thanks.

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I would get a bodylift and install it yourself and you might clear them. make sure you buy 16x8 rims not 16x10

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
A guy on FSC did 315s on stock rims w/ just cranked bars and some trimming...looked stuffed, obviously, but not bad. Just don't plan on driving over any sort of bumps while the wheels are turned, that's all. ;)

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
bfg at's run small, you shouldnt have a problem running them on stock wheels with your bars maxxed until you get the bodylift. Like said above, take bumps and turns easy

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
they will fit with the bars maxed but i would reccomend getting ford keys and blocks, just keep the stock rims. i personally think that looks a lot better than a body lift and a lot easier to install. what part of sc u from

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes im from Lugoff. I guess I might go ahead and do it. How bad will it hurt my gas milage? Thanks for the input guys.

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Keep us posted if it works. I'm interested in the setup as well. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Here is my old truck with 17x10s with 315 70 17 bfg ats with ford keys and 3 inch blocks in the back...no body lift

and 35x14.50x20 super swampers on 20x9.5s

·
Chevy Owner
302 Posts
mine fit fine with my bl. i dunno if i could have done it without it tho. i say go for it

·
Registered
19,430 Posts
and 35x14.50x20 super swampers on 20x9.5s
[/QUOTE]

I would be scared to turn with 35x14.50 with just keys and blocks

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
All i had to do was trim the front valence and rear plastic behind the tires a little and crank the ford keys all the way and they didn't rub any more. Rode pretty rough though. i Had a body lift on there for about three days and took it off. Didn't like the way it looked.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts