GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered a set of 315s toyo m/t for my 2004 silverado. They are going on the stock 16in rims. I'm gone try to fit them with only torsion keys but i don't know if they will fit. Would like to see some pics of 315s on stock rims with no lift or with only a body lift. thanks

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Here is my buddy's '89. Factory keys cranked on 315s. The OBS to NBS is an apples to orange comparison, but we are still comparing fruit.
DSCN0074.jpg

·
Parking garages ftl
552 Posts
yea I think its been done on factory keys once (bigblue02 i think)...but then he went ahead and got the Rough country leveling kit. I also got the rough country leveling kit....315/70/17 firestone destination mts. stock tahoe rims and trimmed front valence at 45* angle
[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I can absolutely positively promise it will work if you are willing to trim and crank a little.

Edit: I mean come on man look 2 threads down to "stuffed trucks." Just about every single person I know with a half ton Chevy is running at least 35's.

·
Registered
137 Posts
how big are 315?

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
put the fuckers on there. if they don't fit, take them back off for 305's

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
how big are 315?
They are about 12" wide. It all depends on the section width and the wheel diameter as to the actual height of the metric "315" tire.

·
Registered
137 Posts
thats what i thought. because mine are 315/70 and i never thought i could get them on with out a bl lift

·
Could be
192 Posts
Even if they do work, why do people feel the urge to put a bigger tire in their wheelwell so they can't flex, turn, have a decent ride, or have even wearing tires. 12 1/2" wide tires on 7" rims = :nono:

·
TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS
7,891 Posts
I ran 315/70/17s on my stock 17's with only 1/2" trimmed off the corner of the front valance. No rubbing at all. This was with only the stock keys cranked up.

Just decided I wanted it higher, so I went with the RC leveling kit.

Full lock, the 315's are practically the same size/shape as the wheelwell so they just clear by about 1/4".

·
My Dixie Wrecked
5,510 Posts
Even if they do work, why do people feel the urge to put a bigger tire in their wheelwell so they can't flex, turn, have a decent ride, or have even wearing tires. 12 1/2" wide tires on 7" rims = :nono:
Yeah...thats totally outta the question.
:wank:

35x15x15 on 15x8 Centerlines...
DCP_1503.jpg

DCP_1502.jpg

DCP_1507.jpg

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah...thats totally outta the question.
:wank:

35x15x15 on 15x8 Centerlines...
DCP_1503.jpg

DCP_1502.jpg

DCP_1507.jpg
jayson has the right idea :read:

315s on x6.5 = sex

my 42s are on x10s and they are way too fucking wide. if i can find a x7, im doing it. x8s at the widest for the next set of wheels on the blazer tho.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
hell my 39.5's are on 10" wide wheels.
One of my teachers has a set of chrome 6lug 15x14s that he isn't using. He keeps bugging me to buy them. I keep saying no, my 10s are fine now on a 13" tire and will be fine on a 15" tire. If I planned on running a 39.5 Bogger, they would be in my posession NOW. I LOVE some fat tires/wheels. But, obviously I dont use my truck as a truck. It's rarely in 4wd, barely has a load in the bed and never drags a trailer on the street. It's a street queen.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts