GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was installing the 32-spline input shaft into my NP241. Once I pulled the old shaft out I set it down to take a picture of the two before I intalled the new one. I noticed that the shafts were machined differently. The new one looks as if it wasen't machined down enough to allow the bearing to sit where it needs to, it's about 3/8s off :bawl: . Should I return it, see if it can be machined down or what? I'm kinda in a hurry to get this done before my busy season starts up.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Weird, mine directly swapped. I wonder if the passenger drop cases and driver drop cases have different bearings?

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Just checked Kragen.com, the part numbers for input bearings on the 88-91 32 spline 241 is different than the 92-98 241/243.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I posted the part number for the proper input shaft for that case with the 80E, do a search see if that helps...

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll do a search right now Hit Man X

bggrnchvy, that explains it..... that sucks, I guess I'll look to buy another one unless the bearings are swap-able.

xlcooplx, yep that's my 63 Split!

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
If you can't find it, let me know and I'll dig it up. :imo

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I couldn't find your post but I think I found it anyway. What I got was 12386258, is that right for my 89? :bowtie:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
If your putting this in an 89 OBS truck and not an OOBS truck it will have the 241 d-drop case. The split I did was a bit short sighted given your situation. Chevy used the d-drop 241 in 88-98 OBS's and the 241 p-drop in 88-91 OOBS's.

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
IMO just get the thinner bearing and run the input you bought. It will work.

·
Gringo Chiludo
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I got it worked out and the transfer case rebuilt. Now it's ready to bolt onto my 4L80-E, then, my Vortec 454!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts