Discussion Starter #1
2012 Sierra denali

MODS
Kooks headers and Y-pipe
Corsa touring exhaust
Comp cam 224/224 .581 lift and 112 lope
3200 yank stall converter billet
Tuned @ KHP by ****

After the stall and cams installed, the truck runs strong but its down shifting harder then normal and can hear/feel it from inside the car (very noticable) I was just seeing if any stalls are doing it out there or if this is normal. Shop said this was normal and I wanted a second opinion.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
2012 Sierra denali

MODS
Kooks headers and Y-pipe
Corsa touring exhaust
Comp cam 224/224 .581 lift and 112 lope
3200 yank stall converter billet
Tuned @ KHP by ****

After the stall and cams installed, the truck runs strong but its down shifting harder then normal and can hear/feel it from inside the car (very noticable) I was just seeing if any stalls are doing it out there or if this is normal. Shop said this was normal and I wanted a second opinion.

Thanks!
Most likely they boosted the trans pressure with they tuned it. keeps the clutches from slipping as much and makes it last longer under lots of power.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Most likely they boosted the trans pressure with they tuned it. keeps the clutches from slipping as much and makes it last longer under lots of power.
x2, a lot of time your tuner can adjust it but I wouldn't worry about it as far as feeling like something is messing up also if you don't already id get a trans cooler for it ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just want to ask beside the down shifting how do you like the 3200 stall in your denali?

Do you town anything?

I have an 08 denali AWD and I was thinking a 2600-2800 stall would be my next mod. but I still need it to pull my 24 foot wake boat all summer.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
ive got a 2600ish stall and its smooth as glass on up/downshifts. Have your tuner adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I have 3200 circle D in my and shifts great. A lil firm but there's a few other goodies in mine and my buddy tuned it this way

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just want to ask beside the down shifting how do you like the 3200 stall in your denali?

Do you town anything?

I have an 08 denali AWD and I was thinking a 2600-2800 stall would be my next mod. but I still need it to pull my 24 foot wake boat all summer.
Beside the issues im having its runs really good, pulls hella strong. I dont tow or anything but I did some research and you shouldnt have any issues towing with a 3200 stall. One more other thing is your gas mileage will drop with the stall. Im looking to change out my yank3200 for a circle D 2600 stall once I find someone to buy my current stall.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Im looking to change out my yank3200 for a circle D 2600 stall once I find someone to buy my current stall.
Too bad you're not closer. I'd swap the stalls with cash on top from my end.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Beside the issues im having its runs really good, pulls hella strong. I dont tow or anything but I did some research and you shouldnt have any issues towing with a 3200 stall. One more other thing is your gas mileage will drop with the stall. Im looking to change out my yank3200 for a circle D 2600 stall once I find someone to buy my current stall.
PM me a price on the Yank3200

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update

Another tuner checked it out and fixed the tune, no more jerking issues.

Now I have a whining issues while at low RPM. Did reseach on this and it looks like im not the only person with this issues. Comp cams are the most common one with this problem, I talked to cam motion in LA and they said it was due to the cam not having a proper polishing from the factory. This can be fixed but that mean removing the cam shaft and sending it off then reinstalling it. Bunch of money down the hole to begin with for going with KHP performacnce shop in houston texas (KHP said that noise was normal, straight BS!!!). Stay far away from these crooks.

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
glad its fixed...knew it would be a shitty tune

1 - 15 of 15 Posts