GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Custom User Title
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of where the wires go, im trying to get my e fans installed. I just got the harness in from blackbear

·
Custom User Title
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
let me check it out, and what is the best way to wire in a manual switch with the harness?

·
Custom User Title
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how close are your fans to the radiator, cuz the fans don't seem to fit?

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
let me check it out, and what is the best way to wire in a manual switch with the harness?
I havent done it but...... I think you could strip part of the wire going to pin 42 and then run a second wire off of it to a switch and then run that to a good ground spot somewhere.

how close are your fans to the radiator, cuz the fans don't seem to fit?
What fans do you have?

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
if you got a harness from blackbear, you shouldnt need a switch right? it should be plug n play?

·
Custom User Title
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I havent done it but...... I think you could strip part of the wire going to pin 42 and then run a second wire off of it to a switch and then run that to a good ground spot somewhere.

What fans do you have?
LS1 fans

if you got a harness from blackbear, you shouldnt need a switch right? it should be plug n play?
I just wanted a manual switch as well.

If I don't make a manual switch, will the fans be able to go on at all before they are tuned?

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
no without a tune and without a switch the fans will not run at all.

·
Custom User Title
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump, after I take off the fan, whats holding the pulley on? Do I need to find a nut to put back on? Its the silverado in my sig.

·
Custom User Title
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What worries you about the fit of the fans?

I think hes worried about it coming off. Its pressed on though, it wont.
^^Thats what i was worried about. Hopefully I can finish tomorrow after school. I just have to put the smaller alternator pulley in and put in a manual switch. It looks so much cleaner now!

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
^^Thats what i was worried about. Hopefully I can finish tomorrow after school. I just have to put the smaller alternator pulley in and put in a manual switch. It looks so much cleaner now!
Ah, yep, no worries, its pressed on there.

Yea its wayyy better looking and easier to work on!

·
Custom User Title
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
still trying to figure out how to run the fans with a manual switch as well as the harness. Where should I tap into the harness?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts