GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, im thinking about selling my current tires/rims. I got pulled over yesterday for speeding, i rarely get pulled over possibly due to the fact I only take my truck up town once,twice a week. And it sticks out like a sore thumb especially in a small town were if your truck isnt "decked out" in chrome its just not cool. Anyway he let me go on the speeding because he realizes my speedo is probably off which it is. However he gave me ticket for no seat belt and warning for tint and also dropped a bomb on me saying MY BUMPERS ARE TOO HIGH. Telling me if someone ass ended me it would be bad news, and ever worse if I got hit in the front.

Ive been throwing around the idea for a while of taking out my 4'' blocks and dropping in 3's instead. What do you guys think if i swapped blocks and decranked my front and ran a set of 33 13.50's on 20x10's ?

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
i say leave it, fuck the police, no it will still look good if you drop it a little bit but i dont get how it would be bad if someone hits you

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,896 Posts
15x10s and 33/15.50 tsl/sx lol

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
Would buying an aftermarket bumper get you legal? Road armors etc hang
a fair bit lower than stock don't they?

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Just weld in plates that drop your bumper 6-9 inches. Kind of like a drop hitch.

:crazy:

I would personally leave it. Next time just watch your speed and you wont run into this problem!

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
i dont get how it would be bad if someone hits you
picture a little car rearending his truck. instead of his bumper going thru their hood it would turn the car into a convertible.

·
Registered
97 Posts
picture a little car rearending his truck. instead of his bumper going thru their hood it would turn the car into a convertible.
and the family would sue the shit outta him if someone was injured or killed and win all because his bumpers were a little high.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I would leave it. People get pulled over for being too high all the time. I have twice. Once with a warning and once with a ticket

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
LMAO :crazy::ninja:
you should look into this mod also, your truck would look awesome with 31/14.50/22 Iroks on 22x18's

·
GMC Owner
1,534 Posts
Go ahead and do it. Anger the Cepek gods.

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
damn, I don't even have a rear bumper at the moment... haven't been hassled yet, luckily.

I think even with 20's and 33's and a barely noticeable de-crank, if a cop really wants to mess with you or create a hassle, he's going to do it, whether you drop your truck another inch or not.
I'd say leave it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts