GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am planning on getting 275/60/20 (33x11.0R20) Pro Comp Xtreme MT's put on my factory wheels. I have the Pro Comp leveling kit which is 1.5" already installed. Do you think that I can clear these tires without trimming? If no, how much would you think I will need to trim?

I appreciate any input!

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Probably some plastic cutting involved.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
your gonna need to cut some metal too probably.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
yes you will have some rubbing with that size.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm looking to do something very similar. I've got a 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 with the OEM 20's and a 1.5" Readylift Leveling Kit (Which has my front end 1/8" of an inch lower in the front... So, it is almost perfectly level) I'm looking to put on some 33x12.50x20's and I've had numerous people tell me that it will work. There are, in fact, many people on here who run the same set-up that say there is very minimal rubbing/trimming (if any at all).

However, I can't get over the fact that there is so much disparity in the responses. Some people say it will work just fine and others say you'll have to cut metal. Kind of baffles me that there can be that much of a difference of opinion. But, to answer your question, all indications I have received from others on here say that the tire you are looking at will fit. I'll post some links later which show trucks running the size you are looking at, as well as 33x12.50x20's. Good luck with it...

·
Heavy Metal Machine
618 Posts
My 2.5" CCM juuuuuuuuust clears those tires. 1.5" won't do the trick.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
I'm looking to do something very similar. I've got a 2008 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4x4 with the OEM 20's and a 1.5" Readylift Leveling Kit (Which has my front end 1/8" of an inch lower in the front... So, it is almost perfectly level) I'm looking to put on some 33x12.50x20's and I've had numerous people tell me that it will work. There are, in fact, many people on here who run the same set-up that say there is very minimal rubbing/trimming (if any at all).

However, I can't get over the fact that there is so much disparity in the responses. Some people say it will work just fine and others say you'll have to cut metal. Kind of baffles me that there can be that much of a difference of opinion. But, to answer your question, all indications I have received from others on here say that the tire you are looking at will fit. I'll post some links later which show trucks running the size you are looking at, as well as 33x12.50x20's. Good luck with it...
Well I guess there is only one way to find out. I'm just gonna say your gonna need the 2.25 kit from RL or a body lift.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I guess there is only one way to find out. I'm just gonna say your gonna need the 2.25 kit from RL or a body lift.
For the folks that have a 2", 2.25", or 2.5" leveling kit... Do those kits have your front-end sitting higher than the rear-end? The reason I went with the 1.5" kit is b/c it was the closest thing to making the truck sit perfectly level (without having the front sit higher).

In any event, I don't mind trimming the plastic liner to make something work if there is rubbing at full lock. After all, it's plastic and, if your meticulous, it shouldn't be noticeable. But, if metal would be involved, I'll scrap the leveling kit and get a Rough Country 3" Suspension Lift.

Regardless, thanks a lot for the information. And "satisfied1999"... Thanks for startin' the thread. I'm sure this is helpful to a lot of folks (me included). I hope everything works out the way you want it to. It would definitely look great.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
For the folks that have a 2", 2.25", or 2.5" leveling kit... Do those kits have your front-end sitting higher than the rear-end? The reason I went with the 1.5" kit is b/c it was the closest thing to making the truck sit perfectly level (without having the front sit higher).

In any event, I don't mind trimming the plastic liner to make something work if there is rubbing at full lock. After all, it's plastic and, if your meticulous, it shouldn't be noticeable. But, if metal would be involved, I'll scrap the leveling kit and get a Rough Country 3" Suspension Lift.

Regardless, thanks a lot for the information. And "satisfied1999"... Thanks for startin' the thread. I'm sure this is helpful to a lot of folks (me included). I hope everything works out the way you want it to. It would definitely look great.
Your front end will settle with that 1.5" kit and you will still end up with a bit of rake. I had the CCM 2.5" kit on before I put my lift on and I sat level. The front end looked higher due to the hood area being so tall.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of the replies and input guys. There is some good information in this thread. Keep it coming.:shake:

I got a message from the dealer which also installed my spacer when I bought the truck. They said it would fit just fine.:hmm: I am a bit skeptical after all of the replies and expect plastic trimming.

Thanks again.

·
Pro Installz
1,047 Posts
I do these for our local dealers and trust me if you do the 1.5 you will be doing some trimming. I use the R.C. 2" or the CCM 2.5". They usually put 305/55/20 BFG A/T's on them. They rub a tiny tiny bit with no trimming.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do these for our local dealers and trust me if you do the 1.5 you will be doing some trimming. I use the R.C. 2" or the CCM 2.5". They usually put 305/55/20 BFG A/T's on them. They rub a tiny tiny bit with no trimming.
Thanks for the reply...Problem is I already have the 1.5 installed. I would have gone bigger but it is all the dealer would install and they did it for next to nothing when I bought the truck.

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Thanks for the reply...Problem is I already have the 1.5 installed. I would have gone bigger but it is all the dealer would install and they did it for next to nothing when I bought the truck.
Buy a CCM 2.5" off of ebay for around $85 shipped. You can install it yourself. Trust me, if I can put my own lift on...you can install a level! :crazy:

·
Heavy Metal Machine
618 Posts
CCM 2.5" put the truck nice and level. (Cheap off eBay.) Slapped the exact tires you're talking about on my truck w/ ZERO rubbing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts