Whats up fella's

I just leveled my GMC SIERRA NEW BODY with a 2'' daystar leveling kit

I have a set of GMC SIERRA Chrome clad 20''

Can i squeeze in 34'' tires? 275-65-20

any one seen it done?

·
THEmotherf*ckingDEALER
1,861 Posts
I got em on 4.5" lift. I've even trimmed up pretty good, metal as well. It doesn't rub, but I can see it being a problem on just a level.

·
THEmotherf*ckingDEALER
1,861 Posts
look up the trim mod on this site and do that. and you should be fine on stock wheels and leveled.
Yea, I have the extra 1.5" track width from the lift tho. Bill had these on his leveled nnbs, not sure if it rubbed or not

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey there, i have a nbs so im not to sure how much this will help but i have a leveling kit and a zone 1.5 body lift just for clearance. i have the same size tires and wheels as you but i have a -12 offset to ket them out alittle and to set up for a suspension lift later on.
i did the 34s without body lift and first and they rubbed everywhere so about an hour of finely trimming and testing i could drive but not turn to well. the body lift in my case gave me the stance that i wanted with some much needed clearance.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
have 295-70-18's on mine they measure out to about 34.5" I had to trim with 2.5 inch level. Not much trimming, but still they kept grabbing my plastic fender liners when i turned so some plastic and a tiny bit of metal had to go

·
The Angry Canuck
416 Posts
On my truck I have 275/65/20 and no leveling kit, I get a little rub after minor trimming.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
It can be done with a level. AbsoluteHank I think was his screen name had GM 22s and 34 inch Terra Grapplers on his crew cab. He may have had a 3 inch level on it.

·
ep3ep3
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks all, all im waiting for is a good set of tires to come by and i should be on 34'' then. hopefully i dont have to trim too much.
i want those two extra inches of height!

leveled with a body lift looks sweet, just that i tow a boat and im not sure how that would work

·
THEmotherf*ckingDEALER
1,861 Posts
Wouldn't need a drop, cause the hitch won't be raised from the bl and a level

·
ep3ep3
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It can be done with a level. AbsoluteHank I think was his screen name had GM 22s and 34 inch Terra Grapplers on his crew cab. He may have had a 3 inch level on it.
I sent hank a message to see how his came out.

Changing te subject a little

I'm kinda confused. Whys the difference of doing a 4-6 suspension lift vs a 2"leveling kit and 2" body lift

·
Registered
569 Posts
a 2" body only raises the body it take the body further away from your frame but leaving you suspension un touched...and the same ground clearence...a 2" level pushed down a little bit on your front suspension to give you more height only in the front....so your hitch in the rear will be where it comes from factory....now with a true lift...your using bigger blocks in the rear which raises where your hit will be as well as a further track from new spindles...and dropping your differential....totally 2 different ways to lift a truck...but money wise the body lift and level will run like 300 bucks....while a 3" real suspension lift...which you can do budget for like 425 from Rough Country...or you can do a real lift for 1000+ (not installed)

·
ep3ep3
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
a 2" body only raises the body it take the body further away from your frame but leaving you suspension un touched...and the same ground clearence...a 2" level pushed down a little bit on your front suspension to give you more height only in the front....so your hitch in the rear will be where it comes from factory....now with a true lift...your using bigger blocks in the rear which raises where your hit will be as well as a further track from new spindles...and dropping your differential....totally 2 different ways to lift a truck...but money wise the body lift and level will run like 300 bucks....while a 3" real suspension lift...which you can do budget for like 425 from Rough Country...or you can do a real lift for 1000+ (not installed)
not bad, im now looking to get some 275-65-20 tires for my leveled sierra. trying to see what tire route to go to

1 - 20 of 34 Posts