GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gear Jammer
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 Silverado reg cab stepside, its a Z71 4wd. I did my research on the biggest tires that would fit with stock suspension and came up with the 285/75/16 answer. so i bought some.

at the tire shop i asked the guy about cranking the torsion bars to level the truck out. turns out they are already cranked all the way up, and its not level :think: i checked the back and there are 2 inch blocks. i didnt think it came factory with blocks...

so this means my truck is already lifted 2 inches, right?:biggrin:

well anyways to the point... the truck also came with a set of 20s on street tires. would i be able to clear 35/12.50/20s with 2 inches of suspension lift?

·
Gear Jammer
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eek i was afraid of the trimming. they fit with the street tires so ill probably lower the torsion bars back down and take the blocks out and save up for my 6 inch lift. then ill worry about 35s lol

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
They came with 2" blocks from the factory if the truck is what you say it is. If it's not level then you'll need to buy some ford keys so you can crank a bit more. You should be able to safely level the truck out(and then some) without jeopardizing your C/V angles too too much.

·
Gear Jammer
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay cool, ill look into the ford keys then. im not looking to go huge right now, i would just like it to sit level. if i wring that last little bit out with the ford keys, what would i have to do suspension wise to clear the 35/12.50/20s?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You can clear them if you trim a little with just the torsion bars cranked, but it sounds like you'd like a 6" lift more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts