GMC Truck Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I'd probably try the Iroks.

The baja claws wear too quickly and unevenly. The STS's don't balance out worth a crap, and they ride horribly for an "all-terrain" tire. And they're heavy.

·
YUH
7,600 Posts
sandaddiction i saw the truck around again today. LOOKED like it had 20s so im not so sure anymore but that can be changed. ive got my camera in my truck now so as soon as i see it ill get a pic for you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't mean to start a shitstorm here, but if the truck is a 95% streeter, why go with any of those tires at all? I sell all of the above and if someone told me they had a 95% streeter I wouldn't recommend any of 'em. I see way too many (mostly younger) guys buy those for the looks. There are just too many tires in a 35" that would net you 40-50K whereas those (in most cases, not all) will be back for another set at 15K. I don't now and will never understand it. But then again, I had Sportsman Pros on my 5.0 in high school and I guess that wasn't the smartest tire choice either.

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
Get BFG Mud Terrains if you want a good wearing tire but still want it to look good. They are a whole lot cheaper than swampers which are not made for the road lol. Dont be stupid, i cant stand all of these people who buy these expensive ass tires and put them on theses huge trucks that are road warriors. I just dont want you to waste your money. If your running a stock 16 inch rim go with a powerking 36x10.50, haha they are tractor tires that everyone around here runs because they are about 100 bucks a tire.

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
Claws!!! Had them all and I am back to claws for good! I will have pics for you tomorow so it will help you decide.lol

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Don't mean to start a shitstorm here, but if the truck is a 95% streeter, why go with any of those tires at all? I sell all of the above and if someone told me they had a 95% streeter I wouldn't recommend any of 'em. I see way too many (mostly younger) guys buy those for the looks. There are just too many tires in a 35" that would net you 40-50K whereas those (in most cases, not all) will be back for another set at 15K. I don't now and will never understand it. But then again, I had Sportsman Pros on my 5.0 in high school and I guess that wasn't the smartest tire choice either.

No kidding, you guys recommending iroks and boggers, c'mon seriously, he should be buying at's or mt's at most, not a swamper

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I guess its all in who thinks what a quality tire actually is. I have had all as stated above but I can HONESTLY say that I have had swampers that were OK but not a good riding tire. Now I can say that I have had nittos and toyos that rode like car tires! Any mickeys will ride good because like its always been said " you get what you pay for".

·
The suspension changer
1,658 Posts
I kinda like round tires so I bought claws. I sold my square riding swampers.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
I had STS. They were shit: they were much louder than my claws, wore out fast, weren't round at all, NEVER balanced, etc. I'd never buy any interco tire for street driving again. :pow:

On the other hand, my claws are quiet, smooth, balanced easy and i love them. :guns:

The old mickeys WERE different, because mickey thompson was making their own tires. Cooper recently bought them out and the quality of the tires have much improved.

BTW my bro ran 33x13.5R18 baja claw radials on his 03 dodge 1 ton, and he took them off at 40,000 Km and they had about 60% left. And he is hard as shit on tires and tows stuff a lot. :read:

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
BTW my bro ran 33x13.5R18 baja claw radials on his 03 dodge 1 ton, and he took them off at 40,000 Km and they had about 60% left. And he is hard as shit on tires and tows stuff a lot. :read:
i Highly doubt it, i want pics. no way any tire will last that long with the supplied info you posted.

·
Cocksmith Extraordinaire
4,771 Posts
i Highly doubt it, i want pics. no way any tire will last that long with the supplied info you posted.
why? thats only 25k miles. might not be 60% left but it could still be high

btw I asked a guy I know what he got out of his 35" Iroks on his 3/4 ford and he said he got 18k and they were bald as fuck:insane:

·
4,725 Posts
I see some cynical comments about running "aggressive" tires on the road... I'd feel it more appropriate to those same people who run lifted trucks and large tires that have no offroad prowess whatsoever, what's the point in lifting/larger ROAD tires if you don't even use it?

Looks you say? Same reason some of these cats want "aggressive" tires.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts